Skip to main content

Qlik NPrinting

Discussion Board for collaboration on Qlik NPrinting.

Announcements
Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
boyan-kukov
Contributor II
Contributor II

Users With Overlapping Filters - NPrinting/Sense

Hello everyone,

I am currently designing a way to create individual reports for individual users based on using filters. I have 2 types of reports which have keyfields in them which I use to reduce the data. I have it set up so that I have one data source for my tasks and have 2 types of reports, Type 1 and Type 2, and each type has a filter that reduces the data down based on the keyfields. So Type 1 report will have 20 different keyfields that it reduces the data to and Type 2 has 130 different keyfields that it reduces the data to. Each user can be either Type 1, Type 2 or both. This is where the issue comes up. If my report has a Type 1 group filter applied to it and the user has a Type 1 and a Type 2, Nprinting doesn't just ignore the Type 2 filter but instead fails to generate the report. The reports generate if the report and the user have only type 1 filters.

I'm trying to figure out how to organize this process in order to have NPrinting ignore the Type 2 filter on the user and only execute the Type 1 filter. I have looked into overriding but if my report filters override the user filters then my user receives reports for 20 keyfields not just 1. If i override the user filters, i get the opposite of what i want. Example being, I have a Type 1 Task/Report with Type 1 group filters applied, I have a user with a Type 1 filter and a Type 2 Filter and both are set to override. The report generates but i receive the Type 2 filter that was applied on the user instead of any Type 1 filter.

Any thoughts?

0 Replies