Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

Using Distribution List for NPrinting

Hello together,

someone knows if its possible to use a distribution list mail adress for one user?

Example:

I create a user -> Department Finance

I set a mail adress -> finance@company.com

Now i would like, to distribute a Report to this Mail.

The Mail address is a distribution list with x mail adresses beyond.

Thanks in advance.

Greetings

Danijel

4 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Create a normal user in Qlik NPrinting with this email address. Then add that user in at least publishing task with the option to send report via email to it activated.

Qlik NPrinting will connect to your SMTP server and deliver to it the email. The sending job is done by the SMTP server.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hi Ruggero,

i've done this, how you wrote..

In Logfile i see that the Mail is send but the users didn't get this mail.

Maybe a configuration problem at the outlook exchange?`

Thanks in advance.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Yes, I think so.

If the Qlik NPrinting logs shows that the email was delivered to the SMTP server you have to check its logs.

Common issues are:

- too much emails in a short time range

- attachement too big

- Qlik NPrinting sender not trusted by the SMTP server

- other anti-spam setting on the SMTP

Best Regards,

Ruggero

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT https://community.qlik.com/docs/DOC-14806. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Andrea_Bertazzo
Support
Support

Hi Danijel,

Creating a single user for the complete mailing list is not the best option to fulfill your requirement.

I would suggest you to create an NPrinting user group instead. The idea is this:

1. Create a single NPrinting user for each e-mail address in the list

2. Add all the users to the same NPrinting group (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/Recipients&Users/Create-Recipi...)

3. Add the group to the task so that the report is set to all users in the group.

This is easy to do and very quick to be maintained, because you can automatically import users and assign them to a group just running an import task.

You can list your users in an Excel file, that you will update any time there is a change in the mailing list, and you can use it in your import task. This article explains the process:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/September2019/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Import-Us...

Once there is any change in the mailing list, you can update the Excel file and run the import task again. See the "Creating an import task" paragraph in the article to choose the options that best suits you.

The option to create a single user for all the list is not recommended for many reasons: it is more complex to implement, you can't have specific filters for different users, the distribution may fail for all if one e-mail address has any problems, the e-mail server may block the distribution because the message looks like spam, etc.

Do let me know if this solution works for you.

Best

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up ! 🙂