cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
HartbargerL
Contributor
Contributor

Variable Images Work Around Using Chr()

I am creating an NPrinting Report and one of the things I need to include is an image of the stars correlating to a rating. 

I have a list of people and their ratings between 0 and 5 (it is possible to have a decimal rating like 4.2). I need the star to populate for the selected user.

My initial thought was to use a container with a conditional show but then I learned that containers do not work in NPrinting. 

My next thought was instead of using images, I can use the chr(9733) and chr(9734). I'm wondering if there is a way to turn the stars yellow and if there is a chr function for a half star? 

Labels (1)
1 Reply
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, 

1. Depending on the template and font used you may get multiple options by using emoji or start char ( ★) It may render differently in Word, Excel, HTML etc... First thing to establish would be templated used, output format and devices on which this report will be viewed on
  2. CHR() is basically font so you can apply any font colour to it 
  3. There is "Left Half black Star" symbol but it is not recognised by standard fonts and I assume you would have to use custom font for it to work. That would still be possible, but you would first have to find the font which supports such symbol and depending on the template and output format used you would need to consider if users would be able to read it.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.