cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vijay4b4
Contributor III
Contributor III

Variables in NPrinting template

Hi, I have made a connection from NPrinting to Qliksense app which has variables defined in the app.

I created a report, defined the app, and while editing the template.

i can see the tables but couldnt find anything when i click on add variables.

Am i missing something?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

In the past on similar occasions, we found that this behavior can happen when.

--duplicate variable names are present (give unique name to each variable)

--no variable name is used (give an name to any variables that might not be named).

Please ensure that you check these in all your variables. One or both of the above if present in the past has prevented variables from appearing the the NP designer variable list.

If once you check this and if the issue persists, please start a support case so we can investigate your source QVF in greater detail.

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, you are not precise on description of steps you are taking. Can you explain if after regenerating metadata you are right clicking on variables section in left panel and choosing "Add" and then you see nothing to pick from? Is that a step you are taking? Screenshots of steps would help clarify this. Thanks

More on variables in obvious place which is https://help.qlik.com

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Work-with-variabl...

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Frank_S
Support
Support

'If' you are referring to the variable tool in the NP designer, you need to right click on it to expose the available variables, then select the variable.

I agree with Lech that we need more clarity and perhaps a screenshot or two to help us better understand exactly what you are experiencing.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If in the Qlik NPrinting app you are using there is more then one connection you have to select the connection from the drop-down menu on the right. 

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1663859833470.png

It works as a filter so, in the list, you will see only the variables defined in the selected connection. If the list is empty it means that there are not variables defined in the selected connection.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
vijay4b4
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

1) created connection to tat particular QS app.

2) Created report and edit template.

3) designer opened excel. left side panel, right click on variables, add variables and no variables are displayed.

Pictures attached.( first one is of variables defined in qliksense app, second is NP designer showing no variables)

Frank_S
Support
Support

In the past on similar occasions, we found that this behavior can happen when.

--duplicate variable names are present (give unique name to each variable)

--no variable name is used (give an name to any variables that might not be named).

Please ensure that you check these in all your variables. One or both of the above if present in the past has prevented variables from appearing the the NP designer variable list.

If once you check this and if the issue persists, please start a support case so we can investigate your source QVF in greater detail.

Kind regards.