Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
01Nikita
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

Want to calculate column total in Nprinting HTML report

Hi All,

I want to create HTML report where in UI i have selected show total option due to which the total row is not visible in NPrinting report so please help how can i get total in HTML report  in Nprinting.

Thank You

Labels (2)
3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

already discussed here and suggested solution by creating grouping TOTAL dimension: https://community.qlik.com/t5/Qlik-NPrinting-Discussions/Nprinting-HTML-Reports-with-Totals-and-Subt...

So if your dim1 has values like in below table (A & B) you need to create grouping dimension (Dim1_Total) which will create values for total too. In this case your total will appear just like any other dimension value in the table.

Note that yo umay need to apply sorting to make sure it is at the bottom of the table

Dim1Dim1_Total
AA
BB
ATOTAL
BTOTAL

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
AlbertoRamirez
Contributor
Contributor

Creating grouping TOTAL can lead to other issues as this is going ti change the data itself and if you have several tables and charts in your dashboard the "Totals" row is going to be shown in all of them and not only in the table you want to use for the nprinting report

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @AlbertoRamirez 

That is not entirely true. What you say would happen only if you would use new diemension with TOTAL in all those objects mentioned by you.

The idea is to use this dimension with grouping total only in objects used for NPrinting and that will have no impact on other charts and objects.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.