Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

What is the latest supported Qlik Sense or QlikView version when using various NPrinting versions

Hi @Andrew_Kruger @Ruggero_Piccoli 

Https://help.qlik.com indicates clearly what are the minimum required versions of Qlik Sense when used with particular NPrinting version. 

There is no clear line stating what is the maximum supported version of Qlik Sense. Can w add one to help site please?

Using common sense one can think that you should not upgrade Qlik Sense to newer version than NPrinting but not everyone is following this logic. 

Now, I came across situations when customers upgraded for example to Qlik Sense Feb 2020 when still running for example NPrinting September 2018. This configuration did not work when using images as content and was not supported (I presume). 

Clients however argue that there is nothing in documentation stating that this was unsupported configuration and requested our support. 

What is your take on this? 

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

I'm creating an improvement to better document this point. I'll be back when I'll have more information.

When we released Qlik NPrinting September 2018 the Qlik Sense February 2020, of course, was not available so not tested with Qlik NPrinting September 2018. I suggest to upgrade Qlik NPrinting before and then Qlik Sense.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

I'm creating an improvement to better document this point. I'll be back when I'll have more information.

When we released Qlik NPrinting September 2018 the Qlik Sense February 2020, of course, was not available so not tested with Qlik NPrinting September 2018. I suggest to upgrade Qlik NPrinting before and then Qlik Sense.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Author

Great!!!

...and I agree with you @Ruggero_Piccoli that you could not test it. Also many objects and functionalities did not exist (native button, container and some charts).

My suggestion is the same - to first upgrade NPrinting - but other than common sense I had nothing to back it up...

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.