Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III

What's happening while opening Designer?

Hello together,

some interesting point. In almost all cases the NPrinting Designer takes 3-5 Minutes while opening the designer.

Within the report is only one Table, no levels, charts..

What is he doing in the background? At Task Manager i can see CPU load about 15-25 % and RAM 200-300mb.

Some other Facts:

NPrinting Version 17.3

PixelPerfect Report

QlikView (12.1) Application (Connection local),

How is the speed with you?

Greetings

2 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, there is many factors you need to take into consideration.

1. QlikView applications size - NPrinting needs to open QlikView application when editing Pixel Perfect template. Given that you are using local connection - your application fully has to be loaded again to memory before NPrinting can start working on it. I suggest using server connection as this should work faster and smoother.
    1. Size in MB or,
    2. No of Rows/Colums in Fact table
    3. btw. do you have any data island tables there?
  2. What is a CPU on designer box? I noticed that Intel i5 were very slow with PixelPerfect designer - so slow that couple years back i have actualy raised support case and it turned out that my computer was just slow. I still think it was not right diagnose but on i7 everything was working much faster.
  3. How many CPU cores do you have on designer box?
  4. Pixel Perfect template - you are saying that there is only one table. Pixel Perfect table is actualy loaded as a level which can be bit slow. Is that what you meant, or there is only one table loaded under table metadata entity - but then how are you using it?

I know that work with Pixel Perfect templates can be very frustrating especialy when building complex multi-level reports with pictures, sparklines and pixel perfect charts which can be super super slow.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Danijel
Partner - Creator III
Partner - Creator III
Author

Hey Lech,

thanks for your detailed answer.

I've tested it again with a "smaller" Application:

Regarding your questions:

1. Open the Designer over local Connection: 1:30min; over QVP: 1:25min. The Report has one Table with 5 columns.

About my test Application:

1.1: Size 219mb

1.2: 4 Tables with overall 2,9 mio Rows -> from that, Facts with 2 mio Rows; About 305 Objects..

1.3: No Data Islands..

2. CPU is a Intel Xeon E5-2630, 32 GB Ram

3. 6Cores

4. No, it isn't loaded as a Level. Is, how you write, the table is loaded under table metadata entity, and dragged from there to the Detail Area.

Greetings