Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III

blurry image

Hello,

when I'm importing my charts in NPrinting and put them in powerpoint presentation, the result is  blurry(not really bad, but end users are unhappy, special for % numbers). I saw that in previous version we could chose resolution. Is there anything can be done in this version

Qlik NPrinting May 2021 SR1

Version: 21.14.4.0

Thanks a lot in advance!

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can import Qlik Sense charts in two ways:

• as images and set the quality as described. Check the quality by running the publish task, not the preview from the Designer
  • by re-creating native PowerPoint charts

About the size options you can check https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Image-Dimension-M...

There are not other options but you can do some tests by changing the sizing options.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

When you add a report template in a publish task you can set the quality level of the images. Select very high.

Ruggero_Piccoli_0-1668671356850.png

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Thank you very much. Unfortunately, in my version of NPRinting  I don't have this option. Or maybe it's hidden?

Ethel_0-1668686072294.png

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is not a report option, you are looking in the wrong place. The option appears when you insert the report in a publish task. In this way, you can insert the same report into different publish tasks with different values of the option. For example, you can create a task with images in lower quality to save space in distributing reports via mail.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I'm sorry, could you please send a print screen? I usually create report with existing connection. Where do I have to add it to publishing task?

Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I think I found this place. If possible, could you please explain why do I have to add reports there? I was not adding them to publishing tasks and everything was working...Should I chose "Attach to email" and "Enabled"?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You have to add report templates to publish tasks in order to let Qlik NPrinting know that it has to create and distribute them. 

Before starting to develop templates I strongly suggest you to read the Getting Started tutorial at https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/Introduction/Get-started.htm. It will give you an overview of how Qlik NPrinting works. 

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
Ethel
Creator III
Creator III
Author

I'm sorry for so many questions, report looks better, but still blurry. Is there anything  else I can do? Does it make things worse if I'm using stretch setting? Also my charts in qlik sense are only 2x1, I have a lot of charts that I have to insert in the power point. If I make them bigger, will it improve the quality of image? 

Thank you very much for helping me!!!!!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You can import Qlik Sense charts in two ways:

• as images and set the quality as described. Check the quality by running the publish task, not the preview from the Designer
  • by re-creating native PowerPoint charts

About the size options you can check https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Image-Dimension-M...

There are not other options but you can do some tests by changing the sizing options.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
David_Friend
Support
Support

@Ethel did the reply from @Ruggero_Piccoli help?