Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SNR1
Creator
Creator

how to close the Nprinting task/Designer once it completed

HiALl,

How to close the Nprinting task/Designer  once it completed.

i ran a job/task in and it completed. it need to be closed once task completed automatically(immediately)(Designer window need to be closed).

plaese suggest me.

Thanks In Advance

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

I assume you are running NPrinitng 16.x? right? If i am wrong and you are running NPrinting 17 or 18 then you have asked a wrong question.

Now - NPrinting Designer is a desktop version of NPrinitng and it will not close automaticly!!!

For full automation you need to setup NPrinitng server service!

go through this documents:

How to Configure QlikView NPrinting 16 Service

and more here

QlikView NPrinting 16 Tutorials - Setup

cheers

Lech

---------------------------------------------

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
SNR1
Creator
Creator
Author

HI Lech,

Thanks for the info

Thanks

Nikh

SNR1
Creator
Creator
Author

HI Lech

i have one more problem please suugest me

im running a qvw app

there i'm calling a batch file and batch files runs nprinting task after completion of producing output the qvw went  not responding state it not closing.

is there any solution for this

Thanks in Advance

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, you need to provide us little bit more.

How this batch file runs NPrinting task?

Like i said i would automate this process by using NPrinitng service and in such case batch file run from qvw would only post a xml file to "listen folder" for NPrinting service:

more details here:

How to Execute NPrinting Reports by External XML Request

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
SNR1
Creator
Creator
Author

Yes lech
but i tried and got the result as well but problem is that running qvw  window becomes not rresponding on by manuall search

qvw --> runs batch file --> batch file contains execute command of Nprinting task.

i tried got resut what i want and file is produced respected folder but the problem is qvw window becomes not responding

Thanks

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

‌mate. How much experience you have in qlik development?

Are you running it from qlik server or desktop client? What is the batch file doing? It all looks like a some sort of fishy setup.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

WHat i meant by batch file was basicly: provide a code!!