cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
avikapoor
Contributor
Contributor

how to recover nprinting template

Hi, I am currently facing issue while opening my excel template in nprinting as I developed quite heavy report in that template so quite difficult to rebuilt.

It is showing error while opening the template - "Excel can not open the file - abcd.xlsx bcoz the file format or file extension is not valid. verify the file has not been corrupted.".

However when i triggered this template then I am able to see the report perfectly fine but when i want to open the template then it shows error.

Here, I have also checked the formats of nprinting template by creating new template in same excel format but new template is opening and working fine so I dnt think it was a extension issue. 

Any idea how to recover my template would be appreciated.

Thanks

Avi

Labels (2)
2 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Please don't post the same question two times, thanks.

Please delete this post.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Template files are stored in the Qlik NPrinting server folder: C:\ProgramData\NPrinting\apps\<appID>\templates and their filenames are the reportID. So try to open that folder, create a local copy of the template and check if you are able to open it in Excel, without using the Designer, to understand if it is corrupted.

If the file is ok you could create a new report template by using it as custom template. Maybe you will need to re-add all objects in the left side treeview.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.