Did you mean: 
ali_hijazi
Partner - Master II
Partner - Master II

html tags in a formula

Hello

I'm using Nprinting to create an HTML report

I added a formula to my report which reads a field as only(field);

data in this field contains <br> tags so that data is displayed on a new line, however data is displayed with <br> as string

check image below:

for_community.PNG

how can I allow the interpretation of new line for the above <br> tags?

kindly advise

I can walk on water when it freezes
2 Replies
Eva_B
Employee
Employee

Hello,

I saw no one responded to your post, and I wanted to follow-up on your question.

I'm not sure which version of Qlik NPrinting you are using, however, please see the below link for our Knowledge Article on HTML with Qlik NPrinting:

Please let me know if this helps, if so please mark this post as "Solution."

Regards,

Eva
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Eva is giving you right indication what you need to look for. The problem you are facing is indeed html encoding problem. Solution you are trying to achieve will not work with variable, formula or cell entity. 

However it can work when you would use a Qlik table object to show this formula returning text with <BR>. When you use Table object you get an access to additional column settings which Eva mentioned about. You can then decide if your HTML will be interpreted as pure text or HTML tag! Note that you have disable first "Keep source format" on tje field you want to use.

I assume that with headers disabled, removed total from table settings you will be able to get this working.

Capture.PNG

Cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.