Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

multiple connection in one qlik nprinting app June 17

Hi,

I am trying to make one single report in Nprinting app (June 17) which will use multiple Connections (Qlikview files). Could anyone please suggest me on this. how to proceed. 

Note :  Report to be created in PPT format.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

‌yes. You are right as the report belongs to certain app. So you have to create second connection under the same app in order to have it available when building template. Regards Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II

Creating a report with objects from different QlikView documents ‒ Qlik NPrinting

6 hours ago someone was asking the same thing:

Multiple connections in single n printing apps June 2017 version

So I recommend you before ask, check the official help site (Qlik | Help) then check the community.

Regards,

CS

Not applicable
Author

Hi Carlos,

Thanks for your reply. i have already gone through the link on official help site. but it is confusing since it never mentions any thing about 2nd connection.

once it is using app name for chart and  once connection name for table.

Creating a report with objects from different QlikView documents ‒ Qlik NPrinting

i am looking for something with screenshots or video for better understanding.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

My question is what is your problem? What does not work for you?

• Create 2 connections
  • Create PPT Report
    • edit template
    • once editing both connections should be available
    • pick & choose objects accordingly to your needs

keep in mind that NPrinting 17 does not support linked fileds yet.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Not applicable
Author

Hi Lech,

Thanks for your reply,PFB screen shot. i do not see multiple connection while editing template or adding object.

Note : i am using Nprint 17.4(June 2017) version.

Connection.JPGTemplate 1.JPGTemplate 2.JPGAdd object screen.JPG

silvacarlos
Creator II
Creator II

The 2 connections should be on the same NPrinting App I think

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

‌yes. You are right as the report belongs to certain app. So you have to create second connection under the same app in order to have it available when building template. Regards Lech

Not applicable
Author

Thank you Lech and Carlos for your help.