Defect acknowledgement with Nprinting Engine May 2022 SR2, please READ HERE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deep2021
Creator III
Creator III

n printing issue after windows 10 upgrade.

Hi,

We are using on demand n printing feature, and I am unable to use the export the n printing report.

This started after the Windows 10 migration.

I am getting an error as,

"unable to connect to Server"

Could you please suggest how to resolve the issue?

Thanks

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @deep2021

I see you have added more detail to your original point.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide as much detail as possible in your question from the outset so we can better understand the issues you are having.

In any case, configuring certificates for use with NPrinting is an 'add on' feature.

To correctly configure certificates for use with NPrinting server, please check the following article. Several community members have asked this question and successfully implemented this information.

If you are still having no success implementing, perhaps it would be suitable to request implementation options from your Qlik Account manager for this and perhaps other requirements that you might need assistance with.

Otherwise, you can still using NPrinting and NPrinting On Demand without certificates by ensuring you've met the installation and configuration requirements I shared in an earlier post. Here it is again for your convenience.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

@deep2021

Please carefully review your configuration and follow the points in this article:

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
deep2021
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi Frank,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

It seems that, I am unable to resolve the certificate issue for n printing.

Whenever I am trying to install the certificate it  is not working and throws an error,

"unable to connect to the Server"

Thanks,

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @deep2021 

I am not following what do you mean by: "Whenever I am trying to install the certificate it  is not working and throws an error,"

Those certificates should be installed on Qlik Sense and NPrinting servers, and when installing them you will not get error saying : "unable to connect to the Server". So having 3rd party trusted certificates should guarantee successful connection. 

I never had success with self-signed certificate if that is what you refer to, as there are usually too many variables outside of your control (like GPC)

cheer

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The issue is not clear to me, could you add some details? When do you see the error message "unable to connect to Server"? Could you share some screenshots? Could you describe step-by-step how to reproduce the issue? Thanks

Please note that investing a bit of time in adding all the details to let use to reproduce the issue and in adding screenshot to let us better understand the problem from the beginning will speed up the resolution.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi @deep2021

I see you have added more detail to your original point.

It would be greatly appreciated if you could provide as much detail as possible in your question from the outset so we can better understand the issues you are having.

In any case, configuring certificates for use with NPrinting is an 'add on' feature.

To correctly configure certificates for use with NPrinting server, please check the following article. Several community members have asked this question and successfully implemented this information.

If you are still having no success implementing, perhaps it would be suitable to request implementation options from your Qlik Account manager for this and perhaps other requirements that you might need assistance with.

Otherwise, you can still using NPrinting and NPrinting On Demand without certificates by ensuring you've met the installation and configuration requirements I shared in an earlier post. Here it is again for your convenience.

Kind regards...

deep2021
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hi All,

Thanks for your help.

I do not know but when I tried in the office network, the issue has been resolved.

Thanks