Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
samrat_g
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

nPrinting Excel Report Table Border

Hi All,

I am facing a problem in nPrinting excel report.

Data source is qlikview.

For generating the report in nPrinting, I added two tables in same sheet of an excel report.

I have created the excel template as below:

temp.png

But the problem is when I generate the report, the output is coming as below:

output.png

Whereas the desired output is as below:

dOutput.png

Is there any possible solution for this..

--

Thanks,

SAMRAT

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @_rohitgharat 

sure there is - I am just not able to test it now and take screenshots but one or maybe two options should work:

1. put extra row between header row and data row and make sure that extra row does not have border. Same applies to row below. details below
  2.  Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1691582185217.png

1. Header is in row 3 and it has all borders
    2. row 4 has no borders and you can hide it - but having it without borders will mean that data populated in row 5 and downwards will not have borders
    3. add extra row (row 6) so the bottom border is not copied as data gets populated and remove it using <deleterow>
    4. in row 7 use top border to create a wrapping border around whole table

that is in the nutshell the concept i often use.

You may try to put <deleterow> also in row 4, however I am not sure if that will work then - test it

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.

View solution in original post

Frank_S
Support
Support

@_rohitgharat 

Nprinting works best vertically when it comes to adding data tables to an NPrinting excel report. It can be done to a certain extent but it is tricky 

It's more effective to use image chart table object rather than table data objects if need a side by side representation.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Create-Excel-Reports.ht...

If you must use tables, ideally place your tables vertically not horizontally (also as per the point made by @Lech_Miszkiewicz regarding expanded ranges). For more information about "expand range" visit this help page for details). 

If you must use side by side tables, you can experiment with the expand range table property feature.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Designer-properti...

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

as you probably noticed this is because you are creating new rows based on your template's first row. Since your first table on the left has more rows the formatting is carried across to the second table too for every created row in spreadsheet (not in this first table)!

I am not sure if you could use conditional border formatting for it? like if cell is empty then no formatting - i am not an excel guru?

I might have to test it further to give you correct answer. I am suspecting it can be achieved by using tables instead of ranges in excel.

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
_rohitgharat
Creator
Creator

Hi @samrat_g @Lech_Miszkiewicz ,

Even I am facing the same issue. Is there any workaround to avoid this?

Regards,

Rohit Gharat

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @_rohitgharat 

sure there is - I am just not able to test it now and take screenshots but one or maybe two options should work:

1. put extra row between header row and data row and make sure that extra row does not have border. Same applies to row below. details below
  2.  Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1691582185217.png

1. Header is in row 3 and it has all borders
    2. row 4 has no borders and you can hide it - but having it without borders will mean that data populated in row 5 and downwards will not have borders
    3. add extra row (row 6) so the bottom border is not copied as data gets populated and remove it using <deleterow>
    4. in row 7 use top border to create a wrapping border around whole table

that is in the nutshell the concept i often use.

You may try to put <deleterow> also in row 4, however I am not sure if that will work then - test it

cheers

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

to add to this - If you are trying to situation where you have 2 different tables side by side then the issue is more complex. In those scenarios you may choose to disable "Expand range". Any other option I would need to test - but cannot do it now unfortunatelly.

Frank_S
Support
Support

@_rohitgharat 

Nprinting works best vertically when it comes to adding data tables to an NPrinting excel report. It can be done to a certain extent but it is tricky 

It's more effective to use image chart table object rather than table data objects if need a side by side representation.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ExcelReports/Create-Excel-Reports.ht...

If you must use tables, ideally place your tables vertically not horizontally (also as per the point made by @Lech_Miszkiewicz regarding expanded ranges). For more information about "expand range" visit this help page for details). 

If you must use side by side tables, you can experiment with the expand range table property feature.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2023/Content/NPrinting/ReportsDevelopment/Designer-properti...

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!