cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cleite2014
Creator
Creator

nPrinting release notes for older versions

I am looking for the release notes for nPrinting November 2018 up to the latest release.  I can find the 2020 release notes and newer but not the older release notes.  Does anyone have the older release notes archived off they would be willing to share with me?

Thank you,

Craig Leite

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi Craig, it is customary and very much appreciated if you like and or mark our responses that have helped as an accepted solution.

All there is for May 2022 at this time is the IR and SR 1. So you are seeing correctly.

I am please we were able to help you!

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

I happen to have a copy and have attached it with this response.

However I don't recommend staying on that version since it is long out of support.

Suggest you upgrade to a current supported version version. You will find those downloads and online release notes on our community website.

One more thing,

Before upgrading, make sure to be aware of NPrinting, QlikView and or Qlik Sense requirements and product compatibility information found here.

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
cleite2014
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Frank,  Thanks for the link.  I only want the release notes to review.  From what I understand I need to go to November 2018 first and then to May 2021 since I am on 16.9 for nPrinting.  Is that correct or do you have another suggestion?

Thank you,

Craig Leite

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi Craig

What you really need is this Migration playbook. You will migrate from NP 16.9 to NP Nov. 2019 or later.

If you feel you might benefit from Planning and Migration assistance, suggest that you contact your Qlik Account manager to discuss and arrange for a professional services engagement. 

Cheers!

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi @cleite2014 ,

If your goal is to migrate from QlikView NPrinting 16.9 to 17+ I suggest you to install latest available version (May 2022 SR1 at the moment) and follow the instructions on the migration playbook linked by @Frank_S and/or from https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2022/Content/NPrinting/Migrate/Migrating.htm

You don't need to install old versions.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi Craig, 

Not sure where you got the information to go to Nov. 2018. It is not possible to migrate to that version at all from NP 16.

You can migrate from 16.9 to any version of NPrinting from Nov. 2019 and later versions.

As Ruggero pointed you, you may migrate directly to NPrinting May 2022 (which falls in the category of Nov. 2019 or later versions) from NP 16.9.

No intermediary version of NP is required since you are migrating from NP 16. 9.

Kind regards.

cleite2014
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi Frank,

Thanks for the confirmation of the upgrade path.  I will be going to may 2022 the way it looks now.  Is there a SR to be released for the May 2022 nPrinting version?  Just curious since all I see is IR and SR1.

Thank you,

Craig Leite

Frank_S
Support
Support

Hi Craig, it is customary and very much appreciated if you like and or mark our responses that have helped as an accepted solution.

All there is for May 2022 at this time is the IR and SR 1. So you are seeing correctly.

I am please we were able to help you!

Kind regards...