cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III

nPrinting tutorial On-Demand isuse

I am trying to follow and understand the nPrinting On-Demand feature and so have followed the tutorial.

I am getting this error popping up on the server.

Anyone know what the issue is?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Stephen_Jasionowski

While that pop-up may look like an error, it actually is an indicator that the server is working properly.

If you look at the advanced training webinar recording (see NPrinting Training Material) this is explained at the beginning of session along with other server configuration topics.

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Not applicable

The turotial by default is design to run under the directory of c:\NPrintingTraining with all of the sub folders underneath.  If you download the zip and extract in that directory, all should work.  If it is not that directory, your options are

move everything to that directory

modify your environmental nprinting variables to use/point to the directory where the files are located.

the evProjectRoot variable is usually the one you have to change

Stephen_Jasionowski

While that pop-up may look like an error, it actually is an indicator that the server is working properly.

If you look at the advanced training webinar recording (see NPrinting Training Material) this is explained at the beginning of session along with other server configuration topics.

Not applicable

As Stephen said (and reminded me) this is a message that does/can pop up

If you view the message and it displays inforamtion about personal addition, it means that the version of qlikview your nprinting service account is a personal edition, and not a licensed edition, which it needs to be).

Typically the application that displays the message is minimized once you have your on-demand working consistantly.

If you view the message, and it does not really display anything, that is good

bobbydave
Creator III
Creator III
Author

That video towards the end was so benefitcial.

I think I kinda have it working. I am not getting errors at least.

Thanks