Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YanMin
Contributor III
Contributor III

nprinting fail with message size exceed maximum limit

Hi,

One of my nprinting report failed to generate with warning sign. It says the size exceed fixed maximum message size. How can I check it and fix it? Thanks in advanced

YanMin_0-1630902008843.png

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is an issue of the connected SMTP server. Qlik NPrinting receives the error messages from the SMTP and writes them into the logs. I suggest you to read the Best Practices in the page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Set-up-emai... to avoid typical errors with sending reports via email.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

YanMin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, 

I realized that when I edit templete->Preview-> download powerpoint then the size is just 3 mb. But when nprinting generate report on schedule, it becomes 20 mb. The problem is there. I thought the file size is just 3mb but when really publish it become 20+mb and excceed the size. I think better to reduced the slides the split the task.

Thank you.

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

How big is your report. Isn't it too big to be sent via email maybe?

I guess you can get more details by inspecting logs on SMTP server.

thanks

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
YanMin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Sir,

My file is just 3MB.  Because I can send that file via email. That why I am abit confused.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok - still, it is SMTP server response only logged on NPrinitng side when report is beeing sent. So your actual issue is somewere on SMTP. That is where you need to investigate. The problem does not lay in NPrinting.

Other steps:

• investigate SMTP
  • investigate account from which email is being sent (if there is one)

regards

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
YanMin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I see. thanks a lot for help. I will try to investigate it. Appreciate it.

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

It is an issue of the connected SMTP server. Qlik NPrinting receives the error messages from the SMTP and writes them into the logs. I suggest you to read the Best Practices in the page https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Set-up-emai... to avoid typical errors with sending reports via email.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Via APIs you can export tha Audit trails data as a CSV https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/APIs/NP+API/index.html?page=11. You can filter the data by date, app, user, target and data type. For other types of filters you have to parse the JSON.

The CSV has messages on failure https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/AdministeringQVNprinting/Audit-trail...

I think this is the most you can do by using the supported solutions.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
YanMin
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, 

I realized that when I edit templete->Preview-> download powerpoint then the size is just 3 mb. But when nprinting generate report on schedule, it becomes 20 mb. The problem is there. I thought the file size is just 3mb but when really publish it become 20+mb and excceed the size. I think better to reduced the slides the split the task.

Thank you.