Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Iwin
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator

Getting Stack overflow error while opening Designer

nprinting designer.PNG

Getting above error while opening Nprinting Designer.

Designer version is Feb21 SR1 and nprinting version is Feb20.

How can i resolve this?

Labels (2)
4 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Lets start with basic and read documentation... 

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/System-requirem...

Lech_Miszkiewicz_0-1631165751492.png

so - version of NPrinting and NPrinting designer must be the same. Once you fix this and still have the problem then we can come back to it and see what else we need to do.

BY THE WAY - I suggest you go through documentation to make sure you meet all other requirements which are listed there. 

Also make sure you read documentation for the version of NPrinting you are going to go with

Lech_Miszkiewicz_1-1631165890968.png

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Iwin
Partner - Creator
Partner - Creator
Author

Hi @Lech_Miszkiewicz 

Thanks for the clarification,

I installed Nprinting Designer Feb20 version but still getting the same error.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Ok...

So lets confirm scenario:

• Where did you install NPrinting Designer? Your PC or Server?
  • What is the version of Windows os you installed it on
  • What template are you trying to open/edit
    • Does the error appear regardles of the template? Try creating maybe HTML or PixelPerfect reports and open them
  • How do you try to open and edit template
    • do you create report in admin console and click "EDIT" from webconsole? I wanted to double check that you are not trying to run executable just like it used to be in version 16
  • What do you see in Event Viewer in windows os when this error appears?
  • What is the license version of the NPrinting (Enterprise or Small Business)?
    • If it is Small Business how many developer users have you got configured - screenshot from Admin Console License page would help - and you can blur sensitive data / license key
  • Just confirming that there is no NPrinting 16 installed on it and all requirements as documented here were met when installing designer: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/February2020/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Installing...

I guess getting detailed answers to all those questions will be a good start.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

If now the Designer is at exactly the same version of the server please try to open it by editing a different type of report. Try with HTML and PixelPerfect templates that do no requires Microsoft Office.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.