Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ioannaiogr
Creator II
Creator II

password in create users overview

Hi all,

I keep trying to create a user and the "Create" button is all greyed out so i can't go forward. I don't know which field I'm filling up wrong; anyway I don't know whose password I should fill in the "Password" field. The domain is auto-filled as it seems  with my credentials (admin). The password too.  I'm confused are these supposed to be mine or do i put a new one for every user?

After reading https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/Recipients&Users/Create-users-filter... i still don't understand what i should put into "Password" field.

Thanks in advance

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest to use a different password for each user.

In Qlik NPrinting a user is an administrator if it has the administrator role associated https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Security-manage... so not only the one created during the installation. The installation creates a user called admin with administrator role because there must be at least one administrator. After you can create many different users, give them the administrator role and remove the built in admin user. You cannot delete all users with administrator role, Qlik NPrinting will not let you to delete latest one.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

You need to specify also the Time Zone and Locale fields and the Create button will become green also with only the domain user filled without password. 

The Password field is used by the Qlik NPrinting authentication. If you left it blank you will not be able to login by using the native method, so I suggest also to fill it with a strong password but it is not mandatory if you already filled the domain user.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
ioannaiogr
Creator II
Creator II
Author

The strong password will not be the one i'm using as the administrator to log in, right? Also, should it be different for every new user? 

@Ruggero_Piccoli  🙂

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

I suggest to use a different password for each user.

In Qlik NPrinting a user is an administrator if it has the administrator role associated https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DeployingQVNprinting/Security-manage... so not only the one created during the installation. The installation creates a user called admin with administrator role because there must be at least one administrator. After you can create many different users, give them the administrator role and remove the built in admin user. You cannot delete all users with administrator role, Qlik NPrinting will not let you to delete latest one.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
ioannaiogr
Creator II
Creator II
Author

I see. I'm going to try now with a different password and let you know what happened in a bit. Thanks 🙂 

ioannaiogr
Creator II
Creator II
Author

It's okay now!  Thanks