Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sree1
Contributor II
Contributor II

"Always One Selected Value" work around in NPrinting

Hello Experts.

Is there any other way to restrict the users to select only one single value other than "Always One Selected Value" in Field Settings?
Coz the "Always One Selected Value" is not supported in NPrinting. But I need a work around to only generate one single report in NPrinting once the user selects a unique ID in the Qlik Sense app.

Thank you all in advance.

Labels (1)
6 Replies
Frank_S
Support
Support

First it is not possible to enforce the 'always one selected' property in the Qlik Sense hub. This can only be done by the Qlik Sense dashboard developer.

Further, this property should not be enabled by your developers for any QVFs in use with NP reporting as you already know.

Now if you need a specific selection made perhaps all you need is to enable a bookmark with the necessary filter value(s).

Hope this helps...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Frank_S
Support
Support

If the solution suggested is not what you are looking for, then I suggest you post your app development question here:
https://community.qlik.com/t5/App-Development/bd-p/qlik-sense-app-development

Kind regards...

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
Sree1
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you @Frank_S . Let me post the question there. Appreciate the help.

Frank_S
Support
Support

No worries @Sree1 

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

The request is not completely clear to me. 

If you want to limit the data a user is allowed you can associate a filter to its profile.

From the second part instead, I understand that you want that the user selects a value on a Qlik Sense app and then generate a report. In this case you can use On-Demand but selecting only one value is a manual task that needs to be made by the user. There is not way to limit the selections on a field to a single value. You can add a feedback for the user to simplify the check of the corectness of the selections by adding the results of a formula like =GetCurrentSelections() in the generated report or something similar with a conditional formatting to send an alarm in case of more than one selected value. 

Instead, if you want to generate the reports on a time basis, you can use cycles on the field that you want to have a single selections. The cycle will generate a different file for each distinct value of that field so you will be sure of that but it will always generate all the reports. You can evaluate if, in your scenario, it is possible to combine this with conditions.

If we are not answering yet, please add some details.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi, I will add few words from my side as someone who faced te same dilema when delivering those solution to customers...

My approach in those cases is always to duplicate original app for NPrinting and remove "always one selected...". Important thing though is that my app is always 1:1 copy to original app (except "always one selected value")

With that I have 1 app with always 1 selected values facing users and a second one - copy of original - being back end for NPrinting. This solution of course works with OnDemand as well which is very important, but you need to make sure you only have one connection to that Qlik Sense app in your NPrinting connections (within 1 nprinting app). Then when designing Qlik Sense OnDemand object you just have to toggle connection filter so it can allow you to link button to different Qlik Sense app then the one you place your button in: 

"Under NPrinting connection, select the Qlik NPrinting connection.

As the default, the list only shows Qlik NPrinting connections to the Qlik Sense app you are working in. You can use the App/Connection filter toggle to display connections not associated with the current Qlik Sense app"

Bottom line is: This is the only method you can have a nice and neat user experience and the drawback is additional maintenance of second app.

The above is definitely solution to your problem. Cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.