cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
savluc74
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

unable to access nprinting from the browser

The report sending system does not work and as indicated in the object we cannot access via browser, we tried to restart the services and servers but the result does not change. From the logs there seems to be a problem with rabbitmq "The RabbitMq server is not connected". what could I do?

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
David_Friend
Support
Support

@savluc74 can you share screenshots illustrating the issue perhaps?

View solution in original post

7 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Have you done all steps from this article?

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Knowledge/RabbitMQ-Erlang-Troubleshooting-guide/ta-p/1714962

make sure you do everything as it says and make sure you have backups  taken.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
David_Friend
Support
Support

@savluc74 can you share screenshots illustrating the issue perhaps?

Ruggero_Piccoli
Support
Support

Hi,

Be sure that the Messaging Windows service is running and that you have the correct ports opened on the firewall.

When you connect a new Engine please note that you have to insert the computer name in the Web Console, not the IP address.

Best Regards,

Ruggero

Best Regards,
Ruggero
---------------------------------------------
When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads with a LIKE if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads with LIKEs if you feel additional info is useful to others.
savluc74
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I am still waiting for the system backup, as soon as they confirm that they have made the backup I proceed with the suggested actions, thanks

Frank_S
Support
Support

I just want to add one more point.

Did you recently perform an NPrinting database restore?

If yes, did you restore an older version of the NP database over an newer version of the  NP server?

Doing this can also cause the very issue shown in your image you shared in the zip file as well as the rabbit bus errors.

Also I don't see the Nprinting_Manager.log file. 

Please upload that here as well. This will provide us with your NP server backup and restore history and thus confirm if the above was recently done or not.

Kind regards.

Please remember hit the 'Like' button and for helpful answers and resolutions, click on the 'Accept As Solution' button. Cheers!
savluc74
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

no backup of the nprinting DB has been done.

savluc74
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II
Author

I solved the problem by restoring an image of the virtual machine ;-). Thank you all for the quick and competent support.