Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
KHRao
Partner - Contributor III

unable to send mails

Hi Team,

we are new to Nprinting and recently we bought the license. As per document we had installed everything. then created connection and added qlikveiw report. when we are trying to send mail it is in running mode and had to abort manually.

below screen shot  and attached log files for your reference and 

KHRao_0-1647969066359.png

Labels (2)
6 Replies
Sooraj_Suresh
Former Employee
Former Employee

Hello @KHRao 

Make sure you have followed all the steps correctly by referring to the below help link. Make sure you have assigned correct roles to the users.

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/DistributionSchedulesAutomation/Dist...

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @KHRao 

The fact that report is still in running state suggest to me that the issue is in the report itself or source document. Given that you are new to NPrinting you could miss important setup, configuration and requirement steps which all have to be perfect. 

I would focus on unsupported objects first: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/nprinting/May2021/Content/NPrinting/GettingStarted/HowCreateConnections/...

For testing purposes create new QlikVIew app with small dataset, maybe just few objects and do end to end test (create report, create task, run and distribute it). If it works with your small new app then it should also work with other apps. That will help understand if issue sits in app configuration or somewhere else.

cheers

Lech

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
KHRao
Author

Hi Suraj Suresh,

I did everything as per documents only, I also assigned roles to user which is having admin privileges.
When attached user to report then execute it is in loop (Showing as running), when detached user to same report then executing property.

As per my understanding, the problem is at user and roles.

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @KHRao 

I disagree that it is user and role issue only.

It may be related to users if you have usr filters, but roles have nothing to do with it. If anything you may get task running finishing and not producing reports if users have no role or wrong role. 

your issue needs a lot more digging, understanding QlikView app, NPrinting Reports, Report setup (cycles, conditions, template etc), Filters used...

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
KHRao
Author

Hi Lech Miszkiewicz,

Thank for your response.

I did the things as per NPrinting documents only, when execute the report it was taking long time more than 1 hour to execute and finally it's got failed. I have attached logs and screen shot below for our reference.

[cid:39696c72-e78f-447e-9560-5a89c78f4023]
[cid:a04bbdee-15dd-4dfe-bbe4-2ce98f9a0d8e]

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

Hi @KHRao 

I think your attachments and screenshots are missing. 

Also this suggests to me issues with QlikVIew app as i mentioned in my 1st post - have you checked if your qvw is meeting all requirements?

regards

Lech