Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robert-pernicka
Contributor II
Contributor II

unable to upgrade nprinting after license expired

Hello,

we are running Nprinting v21.14.07-May2021-SR03, which was installed in 2022 and that time LEF file with date 2022-12-31 on PRODUCTLEVEL line was used to activate product.

Last year our support contract ended so license expired 31-12-2023.

Now in May 2024 I downloaded Nprinting v23.20.1-May2023 and upgraded our server.
That version was released in 2023 so that time it was covered by active license and we should be able to use that version.

After upgrade web console is telling me "product expired".
I tried to generate/download with success LEF file. It has date 2023-12-31 on line beginning with string PRODUCTLEVEL. I'm not able to activate this upgraded server with this LEF file.
I think if I upgraded server in December 2023, it could work, but how to upgrade now, when LEF is expired?

I would like to upgrade to the highest version we have paid for when license was active, so I think v23.20.9-May2023-SR03 is the latest version we should be able to use.

Do you have any advice how to fix this "product expired" issue?

Thanks
Robert

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
robert-pernicka
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Finally I fixed the issue. I stopped all nprinting services except "QlikNPrintingRepoService". Then I manually updated only one row which is in postgres DB nprinting in the table named license. I updated our actual LEF in the field named "lef_file". After I started all services back message "product expired" dissapeared.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Partner Ambassador/MVP
Partner Ambassador/MVP

HI @robert-pernicka 

Contact your Qlik partner or account manager - there is nothing we can do here on community.

cheers

cheers Lech, When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem.
robert-pernicka
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Seems qlik software developers didn't expect that someone will be upgrading software after the date specified in the LEF file. But we are allowed to use that version, because when version I installed was released our license was valid and not expired. So the software should allow you to upgrade LEF file even after the date specified in LEF and check if installed product is older than installed LEF and if there is no conflict, software should work...

robert-pernicka
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Finally I fixed the issue. I stopped all nprinting services except "QlikNPrintingRepoService". Then I manually updated only one row which is in postgres DB nprinting in the table named license. I updated our actual LEF in the field named "lef_file". After I started all services back message "product expired" dissapeared.