Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sujankudumula
Contributor II
Contributor II

Amazon RDS for SQL server as a source - defining additional connection properties

Amazon RDS for SQL server as a source endpoint, I need to define the additionalConnectionProperties for below parameters. 

Encrypt=True;trustServerCertificate=false

I tried as is and I get below error.

• SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, Failed to connect.
  • SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,Failed to connect,RetCode: SQL_ERROR SqlState: 08001 NativeError: 0 Message: [Microsoft][ODBC Driver 17 for SQL Server]Invalid value specified for connection string attribute 'Encrypt'
Labels (1)
4 Replies
Kent_Feng
Support
Support

Hi @sujankudumula 

Please try the other two internal parameter instead of additionalConnectionProperties:

• useEncryptedConnection
  • useTrustServerCertificate

By default they are not ticked, just tick useEncryptedConnection as you need encrypted connection.

There is also another IP that you may need:

• useTrustedConnection

Hope this helps.

Regards

Kent

*** Greetings from Down Under ***
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @sujankudumula ,

In addition to @Kent_Feng comment, I'm not sure what's the Qlik Replicate version you are running now, however ODBC Driver Version 17.x is for previous Replicate Versions. Please confirm you installed the certified ODBC Driver Versions .

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Kent_Feng
Support
Support

Thanks @john_wang , yes Replicate needs Microsoft ODBC Driver 18.1 (no older or newer) for SQL Server based endpoints from version 2022.11 to the latest release 2024.05. If your Replicate is still 2022.05, you can use Microsoft  ODBC Driver 17.6 or 17.2.0.1.

*** Greetings from Down Under ***
sujankudumula
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thank you Kent and John.