Qlik Introduces a New Era of Visualization! READ ALL ABOUT IT
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MoeyE
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Any negative results of upgrading SQL Server ODBC to 18.3?

Hi Support,

I am wondering if there is any negative consequences to upgrading from Microsoft ODBC 18.1 to 18.3. This is in Windows Server and on QR 2023.11.0.282. 

I know that the documentation recommends getting 18.1 which is why I'm wondering if there are negative consequences that require specifically 18.1.

Regards,

Mohammed

Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello @MoeyE 

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik via Qlik Community Support page.

There is nothing negative. however, its strongly Recommend Sticking with the ODBC version mentioned in the Qlik help document for intended Endpoint under Pre-requisite as QR is Tried and tested with particular version. 

in case of some unforeseen issue internal team make sure all the pre-requisite is Fulfilled as per Qlik Help document.

If our response has been helpful, please consider clicking "Accept as Solution". This will assist other users in easily finding the answer. if you require further assistance, please raise a Support case. 

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

View solution in original post

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello Mohammed,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

Qlik Replicate is certified to work with specific versions of database clients. It can be challenging to pinpoint a general rule, but for some database clients, versions that are too low or too high may not be compatible.

Regarding SQL Server, I do not anticipate any negative consequences from using different versions. However, version 18.1 has passed QA regression tests with Qlik Replicate 18.1. You may use version 18.3, but if you encounter any issues, please reproduce the issue using the supported version 18.1.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello @MoeyE 

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik via Qlik Community Support page.

There is nothing negative. however, its strongly Recommend Sticking with the ODBC version mentioned in the Qlik help document for intended Endpoint under Pre-requisite as QR is Tried and tested with particular version. 

in case of some unforeseen issue internal team make sure all the pre-requisite is Fulfilled as per Qlik Help document.

If our response has been helpful, please consider clicking "Accept as Solution". This will assist other users in easily finding the answer. if you require further assistance, please raise a Support case. 

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello Mohammed,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

Qlik Replicate is certified to work with specific versions of database clients. It can be challenging to pinpoint a general rule, but for some database clients, versions that are too low or too high may not be compatible.

Regarding SQL Server, I do not anticipate any negative consequences from using different versions. However, version 18.1 has passed QA regression tests with Qlik Replicate 18.1. You may use version 18.3, but if you encounter any issues, please reproduce the issue using the supported version 18.1.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
MoeyE
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

Hi John,

Do you know if there are any plans to support Microsoft ODBC 18.3? This is because a customer has expressed security concerns with 18.1 and 18.2.

Regards,

Mohammed

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello Mohammed, @MoeyE 

Qlik Replicate 2024.5 certified with Microsoft ODBC 18.3. I do not see a plan to certify 18.3 in Replicate 2023.11 yet however I did notice some users are running 18.3 with Replicate lower versions. If you like you may raise Feature Request.

Regards,

John.

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @MoeyE 

I recently handled a support case where the customer wanted to use driver 18.3 due to a security vulnerability in driver 18.1. While only version 18.1 was certified, later patches to the same driver version are expected to work. If you encounter an issue with 18.3, please open a support case.

Thanks,

Dana