Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Supermutec
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Archive change table (CT) data after every day's transaction in Qlik Replicate

Hi ,

I want to archive daily CT table records after every day transaction data at the day end and store next day new changes to the same table. How it should be handled in qlik replicate.

Thanks.

Labels (3)
3 Replies
deepaksahirwar
Creator II
Creator II

Hi @Supermutec ,

Welcome and Thank you for reaching out to us on Qlik Community.

In Qlik Replicate, you can use a combination of Full Load and Change Data Capture (CDC) tasks to handle the archiving of daily CT table records and storing new changes to the same table. Here’s a more detailed approach:

Full Load Task: This task copies data from the source tables to the target tables (Base Tables) and then stops. You can schedule this task to run daily at the end of the day to archive the CT table records.

CDC Task: This task captures changes from the source and writes them out to the target database. In this type of task, the changes are written out to the Qlik Replicate Store Changes table also known as CT tables. This task can be run during the day to capture and store new changes to the CT table.

Please note that this is a high-level approach and the actual implementation might vary based on your specific use case and the source and target endpoint types. It’s also important to bear in mind that except column header__change_mask, other header columns do not accept Null values. So, you need to add those header columns in your transformation page.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other queries.

If our response has been helpful, please consider clicking "Accept as Solution". 
This will assist other users in easily finding the answer. ‌‌

Best Regards,
Deepak

Supermutec
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Hi @deepaksahirwar,

Thankyou for your response.

I had one more query, I wanted to store the tables for daily dates will it be possible ? Instead of making it a manual process.

Thanks.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Supermutec ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

Not sure what's the target endpoint database you are using now. Qlik Replicate supports Change Data Partitioning for some of the databases/data warehouses  with partitioning enables, you may set Replicate to create a new partition every 24 hours and stores the day changing data into the specific partition, for example:

john_wang_0-1707183198749.png

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!