Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Orlandis
Contributor II
Contributor II

Attunity - Error reading backup log file after failower in AlwaysOn

Hi
We are trying to use Attunity CDC to get data from SQL Server. The base, which is the source for Attunity CDC, is located in the AlwaysOn availability group. For the AlwaysOn cluster (two nodes), an external distributor is organized that serves transactional publishing for Attunity, for publishing on the distributor, redirection to the lister is configured to connect Attunity.
We use the Backup Log Only method and when we perform a failower to the secondary replica everything goes well, but when we return back and make log backups we get messages -
Failure in starting (with TXN consistency...)
Failure validating initial LSN '00000033:00007340:0005' 'anywhere existance'. Found nowhere.

How do we go about resolving this issue?

11 Replies
Orlandis
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@PGN Hi
I want to express my gratitude to you, you helped me a lot, your method works for me.
Based on your PS script, I wrote my own SQL script, it works for my conditions, firstly, I don’t need to copy the info for all databases, secondly, I decided that it makes no sense to copy the entire info, for a correct failover it’s enough to copy the last few records, I for myself copy 5 records on base.

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @Orlandis 

If one of the replies helped to resolve the issue, please mark it as a solution & like it to make it easier for others to find.
Thanks in advance!