cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TaylorN
Contributor II
Contributor II

Bulk apply operation failed

I am getting many of the below errors in my task log. My source is Oracle 11g and target is Azure SQL DB. The updates do indeed get applied, but I would prefer they are done in bulk (much faster)

00003336: 2020-02-20T13:48:35 [TARGET_APPLY ]I: Bulk apply operation failed. Trying to execute bulk statements in 'one-by-one' mode (bulk_apply.c:2312)
00003336: 2020-02-20T13:48:35 [TARGET_APPLY ]I: Applying UPDATES one-by-one for table '<tablename>' (56) (bulk_apply.c:4810)
00003336: 2020-02-20T13:48:35 [TARGET_APPLY ]I: Switch back to bulk apply mode (bulk_apply.c:4907)

15 Replies
Gaurav2
Contributor II
Contributor II

Did we get the solution for it? I am also getting the same error.

SaranyaK
Contributor III
Contributor III

Any solution on this? I am getting the same error as well?

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @SaranyaK , @Gaurav2 ,

The error messages means the Batch failed (while the apply mode is "Batch Optimized Apply"), Replicate cannot apply the whole batch in one transaction (eg one row get PK violation in the batch, one row cannot be found etc) so Replicate has to switch to one-by-one mode automatically and try to apply the separate rows in the batch in one-by-one mode. after all the rows in the batch were applied Replicate will switch back to Batch Apply mode automatically.

There are many reasons may lead the error, helpful troubleshooting options:

1. Check the "attrep_apply_exceptions" table to see if any information

2. set TARGET_APPLY to Verbose to get more detailed information from task log file to know the reason

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
SaranyaK
Contributor III
Contributor III

Thanks John for the respose.

There is no rows in attrep_apply_exceptions. This started happening right after upgrade of Qlik from 6.6 to 2021, was wondering if any setting need to be available to load the varchar(max) column in 2021 version. A case 00033794: Bulk insert fail for CLOB columns has ben opned so checking if anyone had a similar issue... Thanks again. 

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @SaranyaK ,

Quick check on the case shows the information is insufficient:

1. The TARGET_APPLY  logging level was not set to Verbose

2. The data in the task log file are encrypted by default, we cannot read the contents to understand the reason. You can follow the steps to decrypt task-log-files  to understand more.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
lyka
Support
Support

Hi Saranya,

Based on your case, this appears to be an issue with the version you are using. Please upgrade to V2021.05 SP10

Thanks
Lyka