Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AnujGupta
Contributor III
Contributor III

CDCT column transformation

Hi Team, 

I have configured Qlik task source as a orcale and sink as azure databricks. However, I have added one column CDCT values as datetime(). I need to understand if any insert, updates happened I will assume cdct values will change to current datetime so that I can use CDCT column in other transformations. 

Is my understanding is correct ?

AnujGupta_0-1695191466228.png

Thanks

Anuj

Labels (3)
5 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @AnujGupta ,

You are right. You may add such a column in target side table (which does not exist in source table) to reflect the latest update time of the record.

The expression can be : datetime('now','localtime')

Are you facing any difficulties now?

thanks,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
AnujGupta
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

AnujGupta_0-1695194207787.png

When I go to Apply changes log it say table are continuously doing Insert/updates but when I am checking my max(cdct) it is same. Not sure if I missed something.  Ideally if Monitor table is showing some updates --> cdct should also change continuously but it is not happening properly. Also 11:11AM is last modified on which date it is not menioned in logs shall I assume it should be 20th sep 2023.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @AnujGupta ,

Let's use Oracle as source endpoint and SQL Server acts as target endpoint to demonstrate how the CDCT column reflects the latest update time.

1. In table transformation (or global transformation) add an additional column, CDCT

john_wang_0-1695197449080.png

The expression of CDCT is: datetime('now','localtime')

john_wang_1-1695197494133.png

2. Startup the task with Full Load and CDC enabled:

john_wang_2-1695197559395.png

3. After the full load done, we see all rows contains the timestamp, it's the full load time - in accurate, it's the Replicate Server Local time in the first picture.

After an update applied to target, then you can see the CDCT value changed (where id = 2), see the second picture in below:

john_wang_0-1695197880794.pngjohn_wang_1-1695197891781.png

I hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
AnujGupta
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Yes, it is clear for me.

SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

If our response has been helpful, please consider clicking "Accept as Solution". This will assist other users in easily finding the answer.

reagrds,
Sushil Kumar