cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Prabodh
Creator II
Creator II

Changing Replicate log directory location on Windows

Replicate writes log files to log directory within the data directory. Is there a way to change the location of logs directory?

Background:

We have stored data directory on NFS share for our Replicate setup on Windows for DR requirements. We want to send logs to Elasticsearch. We are using filebeat for this. Filebeat does not recommend harvesting log files from network attached storage. Which is why I would like to store logs on local disk instead.

I tried creating symlink to trick Replicate to write logs to local disk. But symlinks also do not work on network disks.

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ted_Manka
Support
Support

How about using WSL to get rsync capability then rsync with a simple bash script.  I think you can also do in powershell without WSL if that is more  your style.

#!/bin/bash
while true; do
inotifywait -r -e modify,create,delete source
rsync -az --delete /mnt/c/path/to/log/files/ /mnt/nfsmount/path/to/watcher/

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi Prabodh,

No, you cannot have the logs written to a location other than ../data/logs.

Regards,

Dana

Prabodh
Creator II
Creator II
Author

This limits our ability to ship logs to external tools for additional monitoring. I wish there was a way.

Dimitri_Remez
Support
Support

Hi Prabodh,

Thank you for your feedback! What you can do in this case is to submit this as a Product Idea in the "Ideas board". This request will be reviewed periodically by the Product Management Team, depending on its weight based on "Likes" and comments received. 

Have a look at these useful links below:

Thank you!

Kind regards,

Dimitri

If the issue is solved please mark the answer with Accept as Solution.
Ted_Manka
Support
Support

How about using WSL to get rsync capability then rsync with a simple bash script.  I think you can also do in powershell without WSL if that is more  your style.

#!/bin/bash
while true; do
inotifywait -r -e modify,create,delete source
rsync -az --delete /mnt/c/path/to/log/files/ /mnt/nfsmount/path/to/watcher/