Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
zparveen
Contributor II
Contributor II

Datamigration from on premise EDB PostgresSQL to AWS Dynamo DB

Hi,

We are planning to migrate our On premise EDB postgresSQL database to AWS Dynamo DB. For that I was looking into Qlik, but not sure is this tool is the right fit for our POC or not.

Maybe I'm not able to find the right document that will help me with my POC. Could you please help, if Qlik supports that functionality.

Thanks,

Zareena

2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @zparveen ,

Replicate won't support the Dynamo DB. You can submit your Feature requests or ideas in this forum:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/idb-p/qlik-ideas

Thanks,

Swathi

View solution in original post

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @zparveen ,

As @SwathiPulagam comment, Replicate does not support the Dynamo DB directly in current release. there are 2 alternative:

1. Uses 3rd party ODBC/JDBC Drivers and Connectors to DynamoDB (it's not free)

2. Utilize Kafka as bridge between Replicate and Dynamo DB, the flow looks like: PostgreSQL --> Replicate --> Kafka --> Dynamo DB.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
SwathiPulagam
Support
Support

Hi @zparveen ,

Replicate won't support the Dynamo DB. You can submit your Feature requests or ideas in this forum:

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Suggest-an-Idea/idb-p/qlik-ideas

Thanks,

Swathi

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @zparveen ,

As @SwathiPulagam comment, Replicate does not support the Dynamo DB directly in current release. there are 2 alternative:

1. Uses 3rd party ODBC/JDBC Drivers and Connectors to DynamoDB (it's not free)

2. Utilize Kafka as bridge between Replicate and Dynamo DB, the flow looks like: PostgreSQL --> Replicate --> Kafka --> Dynamo DB.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
zparveen
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks a lot @john_wang and @SwathiPulagam  for the quick response and providing me the alternative ideas.

zparveen
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

@john_wang Do you have any documentation or POC that I can refer to?

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @zparveen ,

Please reach out to your region sales representative or pre-sales team for help, I'm afraid I have not such a documentation in hands.

Regards,
John.