Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
micpage
Contributor
Contributor

Db2 LUW with Qlik Replicate

Hello Qlik Community,

i am a Db2 DBA and our company has introduced Qlik Replicate. I wanted to ask the community whether you also use Db2 LUW with Qlik?
Maybe someone has good advice on how to use it and know some useful Parameters.

I'm wondering why Db2 LUW only has it as a standalone type as source endpoint and not also as target endpoint. That's why I have a Suggestion for a feature request: Idea #405822 "Db2 LUW as officially supported Endpoint" (https://ideation.qlik.com/app/#/case/405822). If you also use Db2, then it would be very nice if you could vote for it.

Which Db2 Client do you use? In the online documentation (https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2024/Content/Global_Common/Content/SharedReplicateHDD/IBM4D...) there only Support until V11.5.8 ("Replicate supports driver versions 11.5.6 and 11.5.8 only.") Db2 V11.5.9 was released in November 2023. Has someone tested this new Client with Qlik?

I hope here are more Db2 DBA's and we could share some experience.

Thanks in advance,
Michael

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello Michael, @micpage 

Welcome to Qlik Community forum and thanks for reaching out here!

I'm wondering why Db2 LUW only has it as a standalone type as source endpoint and not also as target endpoint.

Looks to me both technical reason and/or marketing reason. anyway you are doing great to open a Feature Request, Production Team (PM) will decide if adding the functionality in coming major versions.

there only Support until V11.5.8 ("Replicate supports driver versions 11.5.6 and 11.5.8 only.") Db2 V11.5.9 was released in November 2023. Has someone tested this new Client with Qlik?

Qlik Replicate is zero-footprint, it utilizes the database ODBC Client to community with database server, for a given database in this case DB2 LUW, two versions ODBC Clients passed QA regression test, the specific ODBC Client should be used.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

1 Reply
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello Michael, @micpage 

Welcome to Qlik Community forum and thanks for reaching out here!

I'm wondering why Db2 LUW only has it as a standalone type as source endpoint and not also as target endpoint.

Looks to me both technical reason and/or marketing reason. anyway you are doing great to open a Feature Request, Production Team (PM) will decide if adding the functionality in coming major versions.

there only Support until V11.5.8 ("Replicate supports driver versions 11.5.6 and 11.5.8 only.") Db2 V11.5.9 was released in November 2023. Has someone tested this new Client with Qlik?

Qlik Replicate is zero-footprint, it utilizes the database ODBC Client to community with database server, for a given database in this case DB2 LUW, two versions ODBC Clients passed QA regression test, the specific ODBC Client should be used.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!