Skip to main content
Announcements
Join us on Sept. 17 to hear how our new GenAI Assistant empowers data professionals: REGISTER
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ClaudineiODT
Partner - Contributor III

ERROR: Failed to Cancel Async Command While Trying to Connect to a MySQL Source Database

Hello Qlik Support Team,

I am still new in the Qlik Replicate 🙂

I am reaching out to report an issue I encountered while trying to connect to a MySQL source database using Qlik Replicate. Below are the details of the problem:

Error Message:

• "ERROR: Cancel async command failed while trying to connect to a MySQL source database."

Context:

I am configuring a source connection to a MySQL database. After entering all the parameters and hitting the 'Test Connection' button, I receive the error mentioned above. Initially, I tried connecting to a MySQL database on a remote server in my private cloud, but without success. Following that, I installed MySQL locally on the same machine running Qlik Replicate, but this also did not succeed.

The only question related to this error that I could find is associated with a Teradata connection.

https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Replicate-server-crashes-with-quot-Canc...

Qlik Replicate on linux Red Hat version 8.9.
Version V2023.11.0.282, I upgraded it to this new version. Yesterday version was V2023.11.0.159.

I downloaded this copy of Download area of community site, the license is express.

Thanks in advance.
Claudinei.

12 Replies
ClaudineiODT
Author

Hi @john_wang 

I finally managed to connect to the MySQL database. I took two actions:

1. I was encountering an error whenever I tried to install anything on this Linux system. To resolve this, I installed the following packages that were missing: "langpacks-en" and "glibc-all-langpacks". After installing these, the "Segmentation fault" error stopped, and I began receiving a "Could not SQLConnect" error instead.

2. To further investigate, I enabled error logging in odbcinst.ini with the following instructions:
    [ODBC]
    trace = Yes
    TraceFile = /tmp/sql.log
    ForceTrace = Yes
    After implementing this, I was able to identify the issue and successfully connect to the MySQL database using isql.

The connection with my remote MySQL database is also working, as you can see in the screenshot provided.

I would like to express my gratitude for the insights and suggestions received here.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @ClaudineiODT ,

Excellent! isqlis the best tool in Linux platform to troubleshoot the connectivity issues, as it will access the backend database via unixODBC, and it also verifies the "/etc/odbcinit.ini" etc. Thank you so much for your great support!

If you do not mind, please choose a comment and mark it as solution.

Best Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
ClaudineiODT
Author

Thaks John