Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RTS23
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

Error when trying connecting to Oracle DB as Source

Hello, I'm trying to connect to oracle DB as source and give me this error

RTS23_0-1669261162124.png

My oracle database is 19c client.

I already make symbolic link and also change site_arep_login.sh to my oracle lib location.

RTS23_1-1669261492468.png

RTS23_2-1669261895033.png

Thank you

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
SachinB
Support
Support

Hello @RTS23 ,

You will most likely find that the user didn't follow the prerequisites for oracle from the user guide. In this case most likely he didn't create a symbolic in the $Oracle_Home\lib directory and called it "libclntsh" and pointed the link towards another file like this but with a specific version.

Could you please cross-check on these steps :

The Resolution clearly sets forth the steps to take to resolve an issue. It should first tell the user why they are performing the steps (the Intent), then tell them where they should be in the interface (if necessary for clarity), and then tell them what
  1. Create a symbolic link in the  $Oracle_Home\lib directory. This link should be called "libclntsh.so"
  2. point that symbolic link to a specific version of the "libclntsh.so", based on the oracle client you have installed
    For example, on an Oracle 12c client:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle oracle 63 Oct 2 14:16 libclntsh.so -> /u01/app/oracle/home/lib/libclntsh.so.12.1

This information can be found in Replicates user guide:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2021/Content/Replicate/Main/Oracle/oracle_prerequisite...

Regards,

Sachin B

View solution in original post

2 Replies
SachinB
Support
Support

Hello @RTS23 ,

You will most likely find that the user didn't follow the prerequisites for oracle from the user guide. In this case most likely he didn't create a symbolic in the $Oracle_Home\lib directory and called it "libclntsh" and pointed the link towards another file like this but with a specific version.

Could you please cross-check on these steps :

The Resolution clearly sets forth the steps to take to resolve an issue. It should first tell the user why they are performing the steps (the Intent), then tell them where they should be in the interface (if necessary for clarity), and then tell them what
  1. Create a symbolic link in the  $Oracle_Home\lib directory. This link should be called "libclntsh.so"
  2. point that symbolic link to a specific version of the "libclntsh.so", based on the oracle client you have installed
    For example, on an Oracle 12c client:

lrwxrwxrwx 1 oracle oracle 63 Oct 2 14:16 libclntsh.so -> /u01/app/oracle/home/lib/libclntsh.so.12.1

This information can be found in Replicates user guide:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2021/Content/Replicate/Main/Oracle/oracle_prerequisite...

Regards,

Sachin B

narendersarva
Support
Support

Hello @RTS23 ,

I agree with Sachin on the above recommendations.

Along with that, please try to restart the Replicate server in order for it to read the modified site_arep_login.sh file

Thanks
Naren