Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sardarabdullahkhawar
Contributor II
Contributor II

Express license

Hi all,

hope you guys are doing well. I have recently downloaded Qlik replicate on my windows laptop and the url from where i downloaded the Qlik replicate is "https://community.qlik.com/t5/Product-Downloads/tkb-p/Downloads". I am trying to populate a csv file into a local folder in my laptop. For source, endpoint is built using file and for destination endpoint is built using File Channel.

and it gave me this error

"

• Task cannot run.
  • Express license: Target endpoint File Channel is not licensed under the Express license.
  • Express license: Source endpoint File is not licensed under the Express license."
Labels (2)
3 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @sardarabdullahkhawar ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

You are right - there are much limitation while you work with the Express Edition License. If you are trying to do PoC or trial use, it's better you connect your region sales representative to get a trial license to overcome the limitations; if you have purchase order done already, then please contact your account manager for help.

BTW, seems your source is Flat File and the target is File Channel - not very sure what's the purpose of the task design - In a typical configuration involving a File Channel, we have 2 Replicate server machines, a local server which runs the task that reads from the source database, saves the data into *.fcd files, and transfers the files across the network to the remote server, where another task would read the *.fcd files and write to the target, the file transfer mechanism is the File Channel. Is this your configuration? then why not put the Flat File to the second Replicate Server, or you intended to special purpose? 

Good luck and Merry Christmas,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
sardarabdullahkhawar
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks John Wang,

For your comprehensive reply, I am just trying to test things and get my hands dirty on Qlik Replicate before i start working on enterprise project next week. What i am simply trying to read a csv file, unpivot it and then populate it into a database, csv file or in a local folder. Can you please help me get the trial version or contact of regional sales representative. Thanks!

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @sardarabdullahkhawar ,

Thanks for your feedback.

Please check Global Offices in Qlik Website, or Contact Sales. I've no way to provide you license however we are here to help your connection to Qlik correct team/person. Feel free to let me know if you need any additional assistance.

Best Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!