Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Riddhi
Partner - Contributor II
Partner - Contributor II

File Channel as a source end point for Qlik Replicate task

Hello,

I am new to Qlik Data Integration and I am exploring Qlik replicate task creation with "File" and "File Channel" as my source end point.

I am using Qlik Replicate Express Edition.

My requirement is: I want to fetch the data from csv file and move it into Azure SQL Database. I am able to establish successful connectivity to the folder where my csv file resides but I am unable to load the Replicate task as it fails with the error "No Tables found".

Can someone please help me understand if I am missing anything or how to resolve this respective issue.

Thanks in advance!!

Riddhi

Labels (1)
  • Other

2 Replies
SushilKumar
Support
Support

Hello Team,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik via Qlik Community Support page there could be 2 possibale issue.

As far we know you must be using Demo version.  which have limited Endpoint features available?

The csv file doesn't have any metadata information related to Table Structure Such as involved columns. Hence Qlik replicate showing such error.  You may get into touch with Sales so that they can help you to do the  POC.

Regards,

Sushil Kumar

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Riddhi ,

Besides @SushilKumar comment, please be aware that:

1- "File Channel" is irrelevant for File Source usage. If you want to replicate File source (CSV, Text format) then "File source" should be used.

2- File source does not have "metadata" information (this is different than RDBMS), so you have to generate the metadata (like 'table name', 'column name', and file path etc).

3- After the step (2) then you need add such table(s) into the Qlik Replicate task, Detailed information can be found at Using a file as a source.

Regarding the error, looks to me you did not complete the step (2), or you did not include the table into the task yet.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!