Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nabeelaslam1994
Creator
Creator

Getting ERROR when running Logstream Task(DB2 I-series)

Hello All,

I am running a CDC task using a logstream task. I am getting these errors which fails the task and when it fails, It starts itself from beginning and keeps running until it fails again with same errors. This is a DB2-ISeries AS400 task. There are two error that i get at the same time. Any help on this will be greatly appreciated??

1-

Stream component 'st_1_MTD_AS400_MTDDATAF_LOGCDC' terminated
Stream component failed at subtask 1, component st_1_MTD_AS400_MTDDATAF_LOGCDC
Error executing source loop
Endpoint is disconnected
Connection error

2-

RetCode: SQL_ERROR SqlState: 08S01 NativeError: 10054 Message: [IBM][System i Access ODBC Driver]Communication link failure. comm rc=10054 - CWBCO1047 - The IBM i server application disconnected the connection

Thanks,

Nabeel

Labels (1)
9 Replies
Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @nabeelaslam1994 

1. Is it a brand-new task? Is it a new Endpoint?

2. If not, has anything changed in the environment or the design of the task? Driver update, o/s patch, etc.?

3. What is the full version number of Replicate you are running?

4. Is the network connection between Replicate and the source stable?

Thanks,

Dana

nabeelaslam1994
Creator
Creator
Author

1.  YES NEW TASK and a new ENDPOINT.

3. It is Version 7.0

4. There is a VPN tunnel setup between the Qlik Replicate and the Source Database. Initially, there was an issue with VPN where ping was timing-out after some-time and I was seeing the errors above. Now, the VPN is stable and no ping drops but still I am seeing these error popping up.

Thanks,

Nabeel

Dana_Baldwin
Support
Support

Hi @nabeelaslam1994 

What version of DB2 are you running, and what version of the driver is on Replicate? Version 7 supports DB2 7.2, 7.3 & 7.4. Minimum driver version is 12.64 unless Replicate is installed on Windows Server 2016, in that case use the 5733XJ1 IBM i Access Client Solutions instead.

In case you were not aware, patches are no longer being released for version 7 (also known as version Nov 2022). As a general recommendation, please consider upgrading soon.

Qlik Replicate Product Lifecycle - Qlik Community - 1837201

Thanks,

Dana

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @nabeelaslam1994 ,

Total agree with @Dana_Baldwin , Replicate 7.0 (new naming is 2020.11 , or "November 2022") had reached its end of support (EOS) date at November 30, 2022, please install the supported versions Qlik Replicate Product Lifecycle  . Replicate 2022.5 is highly  recommended. V2022.11 is latest major release version right now.

Before start to use the new versions, please check carefully if the source/target DBs versions and the source/target Client Software versions are in Support Matrix.

Regarding the DB2i ODBC Driver, please download IBM i Access ODBC Driver version 13.64.26 (un-install the previous versions). If you still get connectivity issue then you may define an ODBC DSN, and use 3rd party ODBC Test Tools (on Windows), or "isql" (on Linux) to troubleshoot the connection issue.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
nabeelaslam1994
Creator
Creator
Author

Hi @john_wang 

The version is 13.00.01.00. Is that good or should i install the 13.64.26 one?

Thanks,

Nabeel

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @nabeelaslam1994 ,

Please follow the User Guide to install the certified client versions. Maybe other version works but it's risk.

Best Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
nabeelaslam1994
Creator
Creator
Author

@john_wang  thanks and i will update and see if it helps.

Nabeel

nabeelaslam1994
Creator
Creator
Author

@john_wang @Dana_Baldwin 

I confirmed that the source endpoint is at the right OS version. Replicate tool is on the latest version. Updated the ODBC driver to the version mentioned in the User guide but still seeing the same errors. It looks like somewhat between halfhour-1 hr it fails and starts the table load from row 0.

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @nabeelaslam1994 ,

We'd like to suggest you opening a support ticket with SOURCE_UNLOAD/SOURCE_CAPTURE set to Trace (we may ask you increase it to Verbose if necessary) , reproduce the error and then upload the task  Diag Packages  to the case. Support team will help you (please do not upload the file to this article as it's open to all users).

Thank you,

John.