Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tiago-CU
Contributor
Contributor

How to add a signed SSL certificate to QLIK replicate

Hi,

I'm trying to add a signed ssl certificate to a Qlik Replicate instance running on an Azure VM. I have the signed certificate (stored in agent-certificate.pem) and the private key file (stored in agent-private-key.pem) but I have 2 questions:

1. What is the agent-ca.pem file and how do I generate it?
  2. My private key file doesn't have a password. What do I put inside the agent-private-key-passphrase.dat file?

For point 2 above, I've tried /clear:"" and I don't see any errors in the logs but I'm not sure if that's the correct way.

Thank you

Labels (1)
1 Reply
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Tiago-CU ,

I'm assuming you are replacing the Replicate default self-signed certificates by your organization certificates (rather than adding a signed ssl certificate). The detailed steps can be found at Setting Up Qlik Replicate Server HTTPS support .

Regarding your questions:

1- The file "agent-ca.pem" will be generated automatically while the Replicate service startup (certainly you need to provide the other 3 files)

2- You may confirm if the certificate works or not in browser (IE/Chrome/Edge etc) however the way is not recommended. Regenerate the RSA private key with "pass:" parameter is highly recommended.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John. 

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!