cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EricC_BI_Developer
Contributor II
Contributor II

How to add iSeries journal columns to Change Data tables

We need to add the sequence number and timestamp from the iSeries DB2 journals to the Change Tables.  My guess is Global Transformations is the place to do it (via Add Column) but I only see Attunity related columns in it.  Any ideas on how to add entry_timestamp and sequence_number to the __ct tables?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Madhavi_Konda
Support
Support

Hi Eric,
You need to adjust header__timestamp(transaction entry_timestamp into the journal) as this is in UTC timestamp format(need to change according to your local timezone).
header__stream__poistion will give you receiver_library:receiver_name:journal change_seq

If you are still not satisfied and would like to have working session, Please open a support ticket in the support portal https://attunitysupport.qlik.com/login?ec=302&startURL=%2Fs%2F.

Thanks,
Madhavi

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Madhavi_Konda
Support
Support

Hi,

Did you explore AR_H_TIMESTAMP,AR_H_COMMIT_TIMESTAMP and AR_H_CHANGE_SEQ replicate predefined columns
which you can use for your own variables(timestamp and sequence_number) in global transformations?

Thanks,
Madhavi

EricC_BI_Developer
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi Madhavi, yes I tested AR_H_CHANGE_SEQ as a computed expression in a global transformation but it is the same value as already provided in header__change_seq.  I've looked through everything else in the Expression Builder and don't see any other options for getting the original journal seq # from the iSeries journals.  

Any other ideas are much appreciated.

Thanks, Eric

Madhavi_Konda
Support
Support

Hi Eric,

As you are using change tables on the target, header_stream_position and header_timestamp are the predefined fields that you can use it for your purpose without having any global transformations.

Thanks,
Madhavi

EricC_BI_Developer
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Header__timestamp isn't what I need because it contains the Qlik/Attunity version of the timestamp, not the original one from the iSeries journals. 

I'm trying to find out if the original iSeries DB2 journal timestamp and sequence values are available in the Task so they can be written to the change tables.  Are they?

Madhavi_Konda
Support
Support

Hi Eric,
You need to adjust header__timestamp(transaction entry_timestamp into the journal) as this is in UTC timestamp format(need to change according to your local timezone).
header__stream__poistion will give you receiver_library:receiver_name:journal change_seq

If you are still not satisfied and would like to have working session, Please open a support ticket in the support portal https://attunitysupport.qlik.com/login?ec=302&startURL=%2Fs%2F.

Thanks,
Madhavi