Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danielrf
Contributor III
Contributor III

How to enable debug level testing endpoint connections?

Hi,

I am moving Qlik Replicate form our current server to another linux which is a clean server. So now i need to reinstall and test all the drivers for databases and endpoints.

When i test my old working endpoint connections for Kafka  as target, i get an error but all I see is this message:

Failed to get Kafka metadata: Local: Broker transport failure. _TRANSPORT

Which is very broad and unespecific,

So, How can i enable a more verbose error message testing enpoint connections?

thanks.

Labels (1)
13 Replies
danielrf
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi, I opened a case, but it seems the support team is slower than these forums.

About the issue: i compared the manual connection and i see i have this parameter

ssl.endpoint.identification.algorithm= 

(space blank , null as value)

while on the qlik replicate new version i tried to inject via rdkafkaProperties like this

ssl.endpoint.identification.algorithm=https

or null but no success.

Is there another way to inject this parameter?

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @danielrf ,

In Kafka client properties, ssl.endpoint.identification.algorithm= is a Global configuration property. so it can be injected by internal parameter rdkafkaProperties.

And it is a parameter in Kafka server settings too, see similar discussion in What are the default SSL configurations for a Kafka target. Change its setting requires the Kafka brokers restarting.

You may try to put it in Server side to see if it makes difference.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
danielrf
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi ,

setting on rdkafkaProperties

ssl.endpoint.identification.algorithm=none

worked for me

Thanks!

john_wang
Support
Support

Thank you so much for your clarification @danielrf ! 

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!