Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cajamky
Contributor
Contributor

Identify Critical Qlik Replicate Notifications

I'm new to Qlik Replicate which is a core data replication product in my organization. Our existing set up is notifications for every warning and error. Is there a list of error and warning pattern we can understand further and prioritize? We want to trim down notifications to only those implying data integrity issues during task execution and task fails.

Product Version: April 2020 (6.6.0.612)

Attached is the current notification config:

Labels (3)
2 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @cajamky ,

Thank you for you opening this article.

First of all, Replicate 6.6 had reached its end of support (EOS) date 7 months ago, you need to upgrade to higher supported versions. There are many defects fixes and enhancement introduced in higher versions, include the functionalities of Notifications. All the versions can be found at page Replicate Lifycycle , Replicate 2022.5 is highly recommended. V2022.11 is latest major release version right now.

Before upgrade, please check carefully if the source/target DBs versions and the source/target Client Software versions are in Support Matrix .

Regarding the notifications filter, it's not supported in current versions. You may vote in the Feature Request article Warning Codes , or you may open your own new FR article in the same area.

BTW, you may filter/forward the notification emails by specific error codes/error messages via Mail Server settings, or by using other 3rd party apps/softwares, I'm not sure about that, just an idea.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Jon_Donker
Creator
Creator

If it helps.

In our set-up we pipe our error events to Windows Event logs and then Splunk reads in the errors from there.

We then create alerts and callouts through splunk alerts.

It does create a failure point on Enterprise manager; that if Enterprise manager is down then you won't get alerts from the QR nodes.