Skip to main content
Announcements
July 15, NEW Customer Portal: Initial launch will improve how you submit Support Cases. IMPORTANT DETAILS
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
plakhanpal1986
Contributor
Contributor

Implementing hub and spoke with qlik replicate

Hello,

Qlik Replicate Setup and User guide talks about "Hub and Spoke", where "Many-to-one and one-to-many relationships can be combined into a hub-and-spoke topology, which allows the merging of data into multiple targets and then distributing to other targets. It does not allow cycles or multiple paths for propagating changes. The hub-and-spoke topology is that of an acyclic directed graph".

How does one implement Hub and Spoke methodology in Qlik Replicate ? For instance: If I have one Oracle CDC source, how does a user implement 1 single task to land the data into Snowflake as well as Databricks ? 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Qlik Replicate has a feature called Log Stream. Log Stream enables a dedicated Replicate task to save data changes from the
transaction log of a single source database and apply them to multiple targets, without the overhead of reading the logs for each target separately. Data changes from the log are written to a file in the Log Stream Staging folder enabling one or more targets to access them via separate Replication tasks.

I believe this addresses your requirement for data distribution.

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Ola_Mayer
Employee
Employee

Hello,

Qlik Replicate has a feature called Log Stream. Log Stream enables a dedicated Replicate task to save data changes from the
transaction log of a single source database and apply them to multiple targets, without the overhead of reading the logs for each target separately. Data changes from the log are written to a file in the Log Stream Staging folder enabling one or more targets to access them via separate Replication tasks.

I believe this addresses your requirement for data distribution.

plakhanpal1986
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Thank you.