Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cdc
Partner - Contributor III
Partner - Contributor III

KAFKA as Target - Failed to publish new schema to subject

Hi,

we got the problems when load data to kafka.. Failed to publish new schema to subject.

attached diagnostics package for detail error with verbose TARGET_LOAD/TARGET_APPLY

Additional Information :

Qlik Replicate Version 6.6

Target endpoint Kafka 6.2.1

Please help for this issue.

Thanks,

Ar

Labels (1)
3 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @cdc ,

Seems you forgot to attach the Diag Package. However please take note this is community rather than regular support portal, anyone can download/check the attachments. For security reason I'd like suggest you export the task and attach the json - obfuscating sensitive information as needed, same for Task Log file(s).  I'd love to help.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @ard90 ,

Noticed below error messages in Replicate task log file:

[INFRASTRUCTURE  ]E:  Confluent server returned error code 50002: 'Register operation timed out'. [1001801]
[INFRASTRUCTURE  ]E:  Failed to publish new schema to subject 'xxxxx.XXXXX-value'. [1001801]

where I replaced the sensitive information by xxxxx.

Looks to me there is a problem in the Confluent Schema Registry. I'd like suggest you :

1- Change from "Publish data schemas to Confluent Schema Registry" to

"Do not publish metadata messages" to see if the task running fine .

This is for troubleshooting purpose only. A single table's Full Load is good enough for the test.

2- If you can position the error was caused by Registry Server then please check the Confluent server side logs to get the root reason. In general the errors are:    

• Error code 50001 – Error in the backend data store
  • Error code 50002 – Operation timed out
  • Error code 50003 – Error while forwarding the request to the primary

You may get more helpful information from Confluent page Schema Registry API Reference .

Hope this helps,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@ard90 did you find john comment helpful and resolve your issue ?

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!