Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aegis
Contributor II
Contributor II

Workaround for a grant on v$containers

Hello, having a bit of issue with v$containers view, after granting specific priv it seems to vanish from attunity user, question is, is it required on a single node instance and/or is there a workaround for this permission?

Thanks in advance!

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Shai_E
Support
Support

if source database is not a multitenant database v$containers grant is not required as this grant is meant for multitenant database

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

from user guide this is a must : 

• SELECT on V_$CONTAINERS

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2021/Content/Replicate/Main/Oracle/OracleDBSource_Secu...

what do you mean by " it seems to vanish from attunity user " ?

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Shai_E
Support
Support

if source database is not a multitenant database v$containers grant is not required as this grant is meant for multitenant database

Aegis
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Honestly, hard to describe initially, mainly due to fact that DB is on clients side and personally I have no access, Ill give more info in a bit, basically from what I gather is that after giving the grant directly to attunity user - it vanishes after a minute or so, now there's many reasons I can think of - but as @Shai_E said, most likely its not required and might be disappearing because it might not be a multitenant db.

To add on, is there a way to force attunity to ignore some errors or thats unavoidable?

Steve_Nguyen
Support
Support

@Aegis 

about : To add on, is there a way to force attunity to ignore some errors or thats unavoidable?

currently, the only option would be to set the logging to error instead of info, example at info logging you see the warning, so setting error only does not show this waring.

Help users find answers! Don't forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!