cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
indradjaja_soenardi
Contributor
Contributor

Kafka Target: How to set topic partition

I already configure auto.create.topics.enable=true, so it will automatically create topics.

But I want to determine the number partition and replication factor, is there a way to do this from Attunity?

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
EyalSilner
Employee
Employee

The Kafka endpoint in Replicate uses the defaults of the Kafka cluster, and this is why "auto.create.topics.enable=true" works for you. You cannot determine the number of partitions and the "replication factor" from Replicate.
Today Replicate only implements the Producer API, so our options depend on the cluster configuration.
In order to determine the number of partitions and "replication factor", the users should have special permissions (probably Administrators), and Replicate should implement the Admin API: for topics creation, deletion and manage.
This is a valid enhancement, and I recommend you to submit a new "Idea" request.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
EyalSilner
Employee
Employee

The Kafka endpoint in Replicate uses the defaults of the Kafka cluster, and this is why "auto.create.topics.enable=true" works for you. You cannot determine the number of partitions and the "replication factor" from Replicate.
Today Replicate only implements the Producer API, so our options depend on the cluster configuration.
In order to determine the number of partitions and "replication factor", the users should have special permissions (probably Administrators), and Replicate should implement the Admin API: for topics creation, deletion and manage.
This is a valid enhancement, and I recommend you to submit a new "Idea" request.