cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III

Log files for an upgrade to Replicate

I attempted to do an upgrade on RHEL 8 from Replicate areplicate-2023.11.0-282.x86_64 to version areplicate-2023.11.0-547.x86_64.  It must have encounter errors that I did not notice in the on screen messages as when I rebooted the server it still shows version 282 for the server.  Where would the log files from the upgrade have been stored so I can reference them to double check what went wrong so I can correct the issues.  

Thank you

Labels (2)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

You are correct this is a user created folder structure.  I am going to uninstall Replicate and reinstall it into the correct place using the option to redirect the install.  Hopefully that will resolve the version issue.  

View solution in original post

7 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Greg_Pagan ,

Thanks for reaching out to Qlik Community!

I'm not sure from where you see the build number is 282 still, would you please:

1. check file "/opt/attunity/replicate/data/logs/repsrv.log" to see what's the version/build number recorded in the file;

2. Or you may logon to Linux terminal then run commands to check the version information, eg:

$ cd /opt/attunity/replicate//bin
$ source arep_login.sh
$ repctl version
command version response:
{
"version": "2023.11.0.282",
"api_version_major": 4,
"api_version_revision": 1,
"version_major": 2023,
"version_minor": 11,
"version_revision": 282,
"release_name": "November 2023"
}

3. If in log file the build number is a newer one but in browser it's old still, then you may fresh the console page to get the correct build number by access eg "https://192.168.33.184:3552/attunityreplicate". (if there is version/build number in the URL, remove it and press enter.). Where IP is the Replicate server IP address, or hostname.

Hope this helps.

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

The repsrv.log file shows Qlik Replicate Server Log (V2023.11.0.282

The repctl version shows this:

{
"version": "2023.11.0.282",
"api_version_major": 4,
"api_version_revision": 1,
"version_major": 2023,
"version_minor": 11,
"version_revision": 282,
"release_name": "November 2023"

}

The Enterprise Manager window shows 282 as well:

Greg_Pagan_0-1723138526707.png

I just looks like the update did not take effect.  That is why I was looking for log files from the upgrade installation to see what it says went wrong?

Thanks John

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Greg_Pagan ,

Thanks for the detailed information.

In Qlik Replicate RPM installation script, by default the output is not interesting unless in debug mode, just like any other programs installation by command rpm , I do not think there is a dedicated log file generated unless with option [verbose=true|debug=true].

As the build 282 is working fine still , you may perform UPGRADE again with steps:

1- Stop tasks;

2- Stop service;

3- Backup the DATA folder (exclude "logs" subfolder if its size is big);

4- $rpm -U replicate.version.kit.rpm

5- startup service;

6- startup tasks eg by RESUME.

Hope this helps.

John

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I agree that it looks like nothing has changed so a rerun of the upgrade seems appropriate.  

I did discover something that I want to run by you first.  While I was checking the directory structure in the /opt/attunity/replicate directory, I discovered that the person who did the original installs actually used several levels of symbol links to make the files seem to be in the /opt/attunity/replicate directory.  The actual path of the files is /tech/appl/default/app/replicate.   I am guess it was done to isolate the files on a separate mount point but still make it seem like the install was done to /opt/attunity/replicate.  

Is the use of symbolic links acceptable in a QLIK Replicate install?  Should the update be run using the path where the actual files are stored?  When I did it the first time, I did not specify a path so it ran against the linked directory not the actual directory?

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Greg_Pagan ,

Thanks for the detailed information however the folder "/tech/appl/default/app/" is a custom folder on your system, seems I never saw it before anywhere. It's better you can check with DBA or the person who performed the first installation to understand why some files linked to that folder.

Regards,

John.

Greg_Pagan
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

You are correct this is a user created folder structure.  I am going to uninstall Replicate and reinstall it into the correct place using the option to redirect the install.  Hopefully that will resolve the version issue.  

john_wang
Support
Support

Thank you for the clarification, @Greg_Pagan . Feel free to let us know if you need any additional assistance.