Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ugoaku
Contributor II
Contributor II

MS-CDC

Hello everyone good day and hope your weekend was eventful? I would like to ask a quick question?

1. I currently have MS replication enabled on an SQL database connected to Qlik for replication. The SQL database admin has suggested that they want to enable MS-CDC on the database to see how they can monitor activities. What will you advise under this situation? Because I am not sure that MS-CDC and MS Replication can coexist at the same time?
  2. Or would enabling change data capture for specific tables be ideal though MS-Replication is enabled?

Thanks

5 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @ugoaku ,

Welcome to Qlik Community forum and thanks for reaching out here!

IN short, MS-CDC and MS Replication can coexist at the same time, the detailed comparison can be found at MS_REPLICATION vs MS-CDC.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
ugoaku
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks John for the feedback. Some tests have been done as in trying to generate a local replication transaction in an sql db and the target table was updated successfully.

Cheers. 

ugoaku
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Hi John

I am not clear on this line. Can you shed more light?

ugoaku_0-1701777838061.png

pedrobergo
Employee
Employee

Hi @ugoaku 

Both methods reads TLOG information and execute sp_repldone to marks replicated records, but it can be owned only by one of the methods, then you need to avoid concurrency setting up skipMscdcJobFitnessCheck .

Get more details at https://community.qlik.com/t5/Official-Support-Articles/Qlik-Replicate-task-message-Failed-in-MS-CDC...

[],

Pedro

ugoaku
Contributor II
Contributor II
Author

Thanks @pedrobergo . Much appreciated.