Skip to main content
Announcements
See what Drew Clarke has to say about the Qlik Talend Cloud launch! READ THE BLOG
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
toni_lajsner
Contributor III
Contributor III

Manage Endpoint Connections are not reachable after upgrading Qlik

As the subject stated, after upgrading Qlik Replicate from version 2022.11.0.394 to 2023.5.0.322, nobody on our team can reach endpoint connections anymore. Does anyone have a clue what happened?

Labels (2)
22 Replies
toni_lajsner
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Like always it is Prod env and it is critical , for the moment it seems that all tasks work as they should but we can not add or alter current targets or sources as the connector manager is unavailable. 

What will happen if I backup Data , drop the current version of qlik and reinstall the qlik from begining will the connection to sap extraction disapeare with it or it is located outside the Qlik Replicate folder and tool ? 

I also created a case and sent logs with it 

//Toni

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @toni_lajsner ,

Please share the case number if you've open one. I did not find it.

BTW, please check the files under folder "C:\Program Files\Attunity\Replicate\endpoint_srv\endpoints\SAP". In general there is only one ".jar" file. If you saw files "sapjco3.dll" and "sapjco3.jar" then please move them out to other places and try to restart service again.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
toni_lajsner
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I am now trying to move the files in SAP , but it takes time to stop the service. I will come back with the info about it . 
also here is my case 00146608 

toni_lajsner
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi again 
I have now removed SAP files, restarted the server but still same issue 

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @toni_lajsner ,

Not sure if the endpoint server is running up or not. Please rename "C:\Program Files\Attunity\Replicate\jvm\bin\java.exe" to "java.exeSAVE" (just prevent it from auto-running), restart the service again.

If the problem persist, please upload the 2 log files again. 

Thanks,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @toni_lajsner ,

Noticed the lines from repsrv.log:

2024-02-22T13:40:40 [INFRASTRUCTURE ]E: Failed to get Upgrade Connection Info for database 'SAPExtractor'. [20014] (ar_endpoint_servers_mgr.c:4019)
2024-02-22T13:40:40 [SERVER ]E: database object 'DEP - SAPB' not found.

Would you please confirm if there is task or endpoint named "DEP - SAPB"? please:

1. Run As Administrator of Qlik Command Line

2. Run below command:

repctl exportrepository

then upload the generated file "C:\Program Files\Attunity\Replicate\data\imports\Replication_Definition.json" to support case, our support team will check.

Thanks,

John.

toni_lajsner
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

This solution did not work , the tasks were not starting so i changed back to java.exe. 

toni_lajsner
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I have now sent the replication_definition.json to a case . 
About DEP-SAPB:
We do not have this task within Qlik R. We maybe had it before my time but in last 18 months we did not had it. 
Also i was able to upgrade qlik last year without this error.

/Toni  

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @toni_lajsner ,

This solution did not work , the tasks were not starting so i changed back to java.exe.

"java.exe" is used for endpoint server which serves some endpoints eg SAP, Salesforce, MongoDB etc. looks like you are running some SAP related tasks still, and the SAP endpoint should be there also.

The question is: after disabled the endpoint server running, does the endpoint manager windows work for you? We need this information to understand the issue.

And, "This solution did not work" - what's the behavior of the windows? an blank page, or the manager windows cannot popup? any helpful information is welcome.

I have now sent the replication_definition.json to a case . 
About DEP-SAPB:
We do not have this task within Qlik R. We maybe had it before my time but in last 18 months we did not had it. 

There were SAP endpoints there still (include 'DEP - SAPB'), SAPExtractor & SAPODP (JSON, line #15804):

john_wang_0-1708651296711.png

If these endpoints are useless, please remove these objects and import the JSON back to repository.

thanks,

John.

toni_lajsner
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

I stopped Qlik Replicate, exported the repository, removed SAP SAPB from the list, and successfully re-imported it using the command "repctl importrepository json_file=''". However, when I export again to validate if SAP is deleted, SAP SAPB reappears. 

Did i miss something ?