Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Benkku
Partner - Contributor III

MySQL endpoint: error in configuration

Hi!

I am trying to connect to a MySQL database as source endpoint with Qlik Replicate and when testing the endpoint I get the following error:

SYS-E-HTTPFAIL, Cannot connect to ODBC provider.

SYS,GENERAL_EXCEPTION,Cannot connect to ODBC provider,RetCode: SQL_ERROR SqlState: HY000 NativeError: 2007 Message: [MySQL][ODBC 8.0(w) Driver]Protocol mismatch; server version = 11, client version = 10

Qlik Replicate runs in a Microsoft server. When I go to Control Panel > Administrative Tools > ODBC Data Sources, I see the version 8.0.26 is used.

replicate_issue_1.png

Any hint?

Thanks,

Bernardo Di Chiara

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Benkku ,

Thanks for your update.

MySQL ODBC version 8.0 driver should work with MySQL Server 5.7, and this is MySQL recommended versions combination. Replicate 7.0 certainly will work too.

So far from MySQL error messages, seems you are using a wrong port number. see page #49: 

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17952_01/mysql-shell-8.0-relnotes-en/mysql-shell-8.0-relnotes-en.pdf

You may try to create a DSN (it's irrelevant to Replicate) and check which port number (default 3306) should be used. Or check with your DBA to confirm the settings.

let me know if you need additional information.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!

View solution in original post

5 Replies
john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Benkku ,

Thanks for you contacting Qlik Community.

Not sure what's your Replicate version. Replicate version 2021.5 support MySQL versions 5.6, 5.7, and 8.0. see:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/May2021/Content/Replicate/Main/Support%20Matrix/supported_sour...

I'm assuming you are facing a client/server version compatibility issue.  Can you check what's the MySQL Server version?

You may try to create a system DSN to use your "MySQL ODBC 8.0 Unicode Driver" to connect to the MySQL Server to see if the DSN works or not. 

Hope this helps.

Regards,

John.

Help users find answers! Do not forget to mark a solution that worked for you! If already marked, give it a thumbs up!
Benkku
Author

Hi John!

Thanks a lot for your quick reply.

My Replicate version is: 7.0.0.356 (November 2020).

The Server SQL version is: 5.7.33-log Source distribution.

Best Regards,

Bernardo

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello @Benkku ,

Thanks for your update.

MySQL ODBC version 8.0 driver should work with MySQL Server 5.7, and this is MySQL recommended versions combination. Replicate 7.0 certainly will work too.

So far from MySQL error messages, seems you are using a wrong port number. see page #49: 

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/E17952_01/mysql-shell-8.0-relnotes-en/mysql-shell-8.0-relnotes-en.pdf

You may try to create a DSN (it's irrelevant to Replicate) and check which port number (default 3306) should be used. Or check with your DBA to confirm the settings.

let me know if you need additional information.

Regards,

John.

Benkku
Author

Hi John!

Yes, it was a port number issue. I am using Bitvise SSH Client to create a SSH tunnel and I have changed the listen port in the C2S tab of bitvise and in the source endpoint configuration in Replicate. Now the connection tested successfully!

Thanks a lot,

Bernardo

john_wang
Support
Support

Hello Bernardo,

Glad to hear that! 

have a nice day,

John.