Skip to main content
Announcements
Introducing Qlik Answers: A plug-and-play, Generative AI powered RAG solution. READ ALL ABOUT IT!
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Muddi
Contributor
Contributor

Not authorized to use the qlik replicate web console after installation

Dear community and support

I have installed Qlik Replicate on a Windows VM but when trying to load the Qlik Replicate Console, I keep encountering the "too many redirects" message in the browser followed by the "You are not authorized to use the Qlik Replicate Web Console" error

The user, with which I'm opening the Console with is the same that I installed Relicate with and is also in the "AttunityReplicateAdmins" AD group. 
I have also tried installing with a local admin, that is also in the "AttunityReplicateAdmins" AD Group - but got the same experience.

It's a pretty secured environment I'm working on, without internet access all communication needs to go through a proxy.

IT needs to get some very specific instructions, but I am unable to provide those, as I'm not sure what the obstacle is.

I can see that Port 433 must be opened for outbound and inbound communication for setting up replicate on windows, and I'm wondering if my experience is due to the port not being open.

Thanks,

Mahmoud Ismail
Lead Consultant / Pre Sales
Make progress happen

Visma bWise AS
Mobile +45 3155 4059

www.visma.com
Labels (3)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Jonathan_V
Support
Support

Hello Muddi,

Qlik Replicate does not use LDAP protocol but Windows Authentication at the OS level.

Reference in the Product documentation can be found here:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2021/Content/Replicate/Main/Security/Secure_Access_to_...

I understand that AttunityReplicateAdmins is set up as admin in the Replicate server permissions.

I would suggest checking the following:
1. The machine is on the same domain as the user authenticating on the console.
2. In the Replicate server 'data' directory, open the GlobalRepo.sqlite with a text editor or a database browser (e.g SQLite Browser), within the attribute AuthorizationAclDto, check which domain accounts are set up as Admin, and open the browser/console on behalf of an existing Admin user, then set the permissions as desired.
3. If no specific user is defined, check that the user is a member of AttunityReplicateAdmins in your domain controller (not on the local machine).

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to log a support case so we can have a better review of your repository files and product logs.

Best regards.

View solution in original post

Muddi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Jonathan

It was an issue with the domain and was resolved by opening the GlobalRepo.sqllite and removing the domain-prefix on the server!
Thank you very much for you quick response.

Mahmoud Ismail
Make progress happen

Visma bWise AS
Mobile +45 3155 4059

www.visma.com

View solution in original post

2 Replies
Jonathan_V
Support
Support

Hello Muddi,

Qlik Replicate does not use LDAP protocol but Windows Authentication at the OS level.

Reference in the Product documentation can be found here:
https://help.qlik.com/en-US/replicate/November2021/Content/Replicate/Main/Security/Secure_Access_to_...

I understand that AttunityReplicateAdmins is set up as admin in the Replicate server permissions.

I would suggest checking the following:
1. The machine is on the same domain as the user authenticating on the console.
2. In the Replicate server 'data' directory, open the GlobalRepo.sqlite with a text editor or a database browser (e.g SQLite Browser), within the attribute AuthorizationAclDto, check which domain accounts are set up as Admin, and open the browser/console on behalf of an existing Admin user, then set the permissions as desired.
3. If no specific user is defined, check that the user is a member of AttunityReplicateAdmins in your domain controller (not on the local machine).

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to log a support case so we can have a better review of your repository files and product logs.

Best regards.

Muddi
Contributor
Contributor
Author

Hello Jonathan

It was an issue with the domain and was resolved by opening the GlobalRepo.sqllite and removing the domain-prefix on the server!
Thank you very much for you quick response.

Mahmoud Ismail
Make progress happen

Visma bWise AS
Mobile +45 3155 4059

www.visma.com